Format the game to run on Intel Graphics?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, from what I know, the game cannot run on Intel Graphics Cards. I am not getting a new card or PC anytime soon...so is it possible that StarMade can be changed a bit to be compatible with Intel? Or is this sort of thing impossible to do, making it so that I may have to get a new card?

Some answers wil be appreciated.

Would love to try this game out sometime....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    From what I heard, the long story told short is less problems in the game with intel cards, and actually more of a problems of intel cards with java in general.

In other words, intel hates java and that\'s sadly what the game runs under.

I know I have the same problem with my laptop, which also has problems with minecraft(another game which use java iirc).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m playing Starmade on two computers with an Intel HD3000 and it works correctly. Perfomance are not so good in front of space stations or complex ships, but still playable.
    Additionnaly, I can\'t find any reason Java would be a problem with an Intel GPU. The GPU is not aware of the language of the running application. The only thing that it get is calls from OpenGL made from the game. So if you have problems with games like Minecraft or Starmade, it is probably linked to how your GPU is handling OpenGL and the features of OpenGL the game is using. Two cases : the game is using unsupported features of your GPU. Or the problems come from the drivers and you can try to change/update your GPU drivers.

For me, Minecraft and Starmade are working well on the HD3000, except for the not so good perfs, but still it works correctly.

Anyway, I don\'t know what happens with older Intel GPU, but I know that they are pretty bad, with lacks of features, and crappy drivers...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s the thing. Mine is such(though it might be in part because it\'s a laptop with -two- grasphic cards as I discovered... a Radeon HD and an Intel GPU) is totally unable to update it\'s drivers somehow.

I\'m starting to half-considered just reformatting the whole thing and installing all drivers myself, in case it was a conflict from bothed or ill-thought drivers updates/installation before I purchased it from the store... :|

And I even did try to installs the drivers offered from the laptop company\'s own website ontop of those used/offered by the cards makers themselves when these later wouldn\'t even try to install.