Forge Industries: the public shipyard

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Here at Forge Industries, we proudly present this new page for those ships not in our private contracts. Feel free to take a look around.

FORGE INDUSTRIES Anti-Ridik PRIVATE Policy Statement
    All ships of said "Forge Industries" are subject to the forever-changing rules of the Starmade website and the founder (Forge Meiser) of said industry. This document outlines the distribution of ships otherwise constructed and designed by Forge Industries including and limited to: the buying, selling, auctioning, or other forms of acquirement of Forge Industries Private vessels. Overall, the conditions apply to anyone or anything that can or cannot acquire vessels produced by Forge Industries. The following terms apply:
    Acquiring the Vessel (terms of agreement)​
    1. Said beings or things CANNOT
    -aquire private vessels or their associated turrets without proof of typed consent from the Industry's founder. (Forge Meiser)
    -distribute, copy, buy, sell, auction or otherwise acquire privately contracted vessels without proof of typed consent from the Industry's founder. (Forge Meiser)
    -acquire said vessel and rename or otherwise re-label said product and distribute under the new name without proof of typed consent from the Industry's founder. (Forge Meiser)
    -VIOLATION OF SAID POLICY WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT ACCORDING TO STARMADE'S RULES OR THOSE SET BY IT'S APPOINTED MODERATORS
    2. said beings or things CAN
    -go to said Industry and request consent for acquisition of said vessel or private contract.
    -enjoy the use of said vessel or private contract after said consent is given .
    -be turned down after asking consent for acquisition of said vessel or private contract.
    Terms of this document are subject to change as the founder sees fit.
    simply put: I do not want my private ships that I do not release to be public.
    All of this is outlined only for the benefit of our private contracts. Public ships remain Public.

FAILURE TO UPHOLD ANY OF THESE WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT ACCORDING TO STARMADE'S RULES OR THOSE SET BY IT'S APPOINTED MODERATORS

With that, let's get to the ships and stations!
    First up, stations made for NPC Factions:​
    http://starmadedock.net/content/traiding-guild-station-contest-entry.886/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Note this page is under development and it might be awhile. Currently, there are several private contracts with Lazarus.

Reaction score
    Just so you know, i checked back with the mods on that policy, and only last part of the "cannot" section, can be enforced by the mods.

Also, How the hell does one get written consent? Because i'm pretty sure that means written by hand, not typed.

Reaction score
    Just so you know, i checked back with the mods on that policy, and only last part of the "cannot" section, can be enforced by the mods
    He's correct, you know. I was there checking as well- the decision was unanimous.

[edit] Also, same on the written consent- you've got me curious too. Seems extremely, needlessly complex.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Anyone can type a fake conversation where you consent.

Reaction score
    Exactly, so written consent would have to be written, not typed, and that's a massive load of BS nobody wants to go through.

Reaction score
    Also there'd be the rather interesting problem of verifying written consent. If someone ACTUALLY does go through the written consent- who's going to check that?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Is this not relevant?
    https://star-made.org/terms_and_conditions

• If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content. If you don‘t want to give us this permission, do not make content available on or through our Game. Please think carefully before you make any content available, because it will be made public and might even be used by other people in a way you don‘t like.
    If ships are counted as content the moment any ship is used on a public server (as its blueprint will then be in the public domain) schema and co. have aforementioned rights to use modify and etc this content. And by extension everyone else (As stated in the EULA you agreed to upon downloading the game.) will also have these rights.

I'm sorry forge but these measures seem draconian to the extreme and are in violation of the agreement you made with the developers upon downloading the game why would you want to do this?

Taking something that is meant to be fun like building ships and playing star made and honestly I cannot find the words to explain the utter disgust I feel reading this thread. I know you want credit and recognition as much as any other person proud of their work and are definitely due that after toiling countless hours but ugh (I'm sorry i cant really bare to go on about this, too much to say.)

As a final note that was from the starmade EULA not the forum agreement talking to forum mods is barking up the wrong tree, while the distinction between the two groups is a fine line what you are inciting is legal action which is far beyond the bounds of a simple forum mod. (These guys don't get paid and have better things to do than argue semantics)

Reactions: Forge_Meiser
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    -removed the word public from contract
    -emphasized "private" for people to better understand that it no way affects the shipyard.
    -highlighted the most important areas.
    -removed the word "written" from contract.
    -simply put, this is an anti-ridik contract. does not apply to the rest of you all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Coming out soon: 8-bit enemies pack. retro-arcade enemies, as well as some new ones. currently planned are: 8-bit Nyan Cat, Galaga, and more. Please comment on more enemies I could look up for the pack.