Force Fields

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Force fields could be a nice alternative to plex doors for hangars, at the moment enemy ships can destroy docked ships on carriers. If air and airlocks are ever implemented they could be a way to keep air contained.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I kinda like the idea of using it to keep out unwanted weapons fire, while having an area faction members have acess to without having to get out of their ship to open the door.... maybe create a transparent block that lets faction members through while the shields continue to cover and protect the surface of them. It whould have to be visible in build mode though, kinda like the green docking areas. Eventually docked ships and turrets will share with the main ship, so that part I am not worried about.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    turrets on my ship are always in need of repair, while the main ship never gets 1/10th of the shields down, this would help with that a lot. and hopefully they share shields soon.

Also i have flown into my hangar and gotten killed before i could close the plex door, so that is another nice thing that whould be added.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If there are Force/Shield Fields they need to work close to the same way the Power Gens do, by taking instead 4-8 corners and linking them together, allowing players to make a Wall, or around important functions on a ship a Cube. Of course i would have ot say it should be similar to Cloaking, and radar Jammers that the use of them uses a Constant power supply not as much as others, but would need a good bit if it is hit by Weapons (or could be linked to shields in damage obsortion) but still needs to pull a constant power supply to function to keep the game balanced.

Best wat to put is by making a 4 block corner or 3 block (depending on Cube and wall types) that once linked would need a Centeral \"Shield Core\" type block that if destroyed would cause the Force/Shield Field to be lowered, but can also be turned on and off through the \"Shield Core\" allowing you to take in Friendly ships, and keep out Unfriendly. (A Protection grid/system)