For new players/admins!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    No doubt, these are some of the main questions that I'm sure pass through the minds of all beginners who just want to build and travel unmolested through the stars without succumbing to the pirates' most effective and deadly weapon, THE LAG SPIKE.

It's frozen my game quite a few times now when I encounter more than one pirate, and I'm sure others (with slightly more inexpensive computers like mine) are having this same issue as well.

I just want to cover some of the main questions and concerns that a new player would have so that everyone can check out this thread to recieve the info they need to start playing in "Peaceful Mode".

If you do have answers for me or links to helpful tools and/or answers, I will kindly update this origional post with the solution and give credit where it lies.

So, to begin, these are the basic tools you'll need to keep handy being a new admin.

Your commands: http://star-made.org/content/admin-commands

And your Item ID's: http://star-made.org/wiki/item-ids

Now Question Time!

1) In what ways can you spawn items, and how do you go about spawning them?

2) How do you turn off Pirates to turn bloody space warfare into a simple sandbox?

3) How do you set Waypoints to keep yourself from getting "Lost In Space"?

4) How do you save your ships and spawn them, also how do you download and upload user made ships to your game?

5) How do you get the most out of your ship? (i.e. How do you stack your cannons, missiles, sheilds, power coils and thrusters for maximum efficiency?)

6) How can you set up a server for you and your friends to play on?

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or answer these questions. Hopefully in time I will find more questions to contribute to this growing list. As we gain more answers from the community to pool into one spot, it will hopefully make the game a bit more friendly and less daunting for people who are new to the game to start out.