Fog, gas atmospheres (mostly visual, supply for space stations?)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Inspired by this thread http://star-made.org/content/planet-size-density, I've got some ideas (which don't add lag, maybe even reduce some).

Fog (or a gas atmosphere) could hide parts of planets.

1. It adds a tactical effect, as you can hide stuff inside it (just don't render things after certain distance and use some foggy-sky
    2. It adds a unique feeling to something like gas planets (not bigger than a moon (300 or 200 diameter) but don't need to be in a system with rotation (you won't see it anyway).

• They can even share a system with a planet (as gas-moons), because they don't need own rotation. (You don't need, what you can't see)

Atmosphere:

• We don't need any code to show atmosphere - we already have it.
    • Space stations (mainly NPC stations) may demand oxygen-supply if they don't have own plants.

Oxygen storage is limited by core-basic + gas-storage blocks (maybe later free space inside your ship) and regenerates with number of plants.

[*]usefull to get credits as newbe or with AI-trade-routes.

Note: Oxygen doesn't need to be a requirement for space ships or astronauts. Just some over-populated NPC-space-stations where the oxygen generators / plant-sections got randomly attacked by pirates.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Technically a gas planet should be far, far larger than any \"normal\" (terrestrial) planet...

Reaction score
    \"Gas moon\"- that straight out really annoys me, Because if it is that small, i doubt it can hold the gas together, and it would just dissipate into a gas cloud.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Though I agree with you, this is a sci-fi game, so these strange, unbelievable and impossible things can be squeezed by with little to no resilience.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The smallest known extrasolar planet that is likely a \"gas planet\" is KOI-314c, which has the same mass as Earth but is 60% larger therefore has a density that indicates a thick gas envelope