Fleet support systems

Reaction score
    This is just an idea that I had that might relatively speaking not to difficult to implent but would make fleets a lot more interesting: Fleet support systems. It would be a combination between the old effect computers and the power/shield supply beam and work like a power chamber where the size of the active reactor decides how big the module group has to be.
    Only flagships would be able to activate support systems and while they do they can't use any weapons, salvage beams, jump drives, etc themselves. However all fleet members in the same sector would gain a significant boost to whatever trait the support systems boosts. For exemple weapon reload time, shield recharge rate, ore harvesting yield, etc. By default a flagship would only be able to boost one trait at a time, but maybe a new chamber effect could be added (logistic chamber?) that adds up to 2 additional support systems at a time. Maybe an entire new type of reactor chamber could be added to modify support systems in many different ways.
    It might make the game somewhat more interesting, or Schema might have something simular in mind for after the universe update. Anyway let me know what you think about it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    hrm... I am just guessing here... when you say "fleet members", that you are referring to AI-controlled ships?
    If that is the case, I would ponder... does AI really need this?

I can see it being worth the time to implement in a game like Eve Online, for actual players.
    I can also see it "fitting" in games like Eve-Online, Elite Dangerous, or Empyrion, etc...

but personally: I dont think StarMade needs this, and to be honest...
    I am not impressed by the many attempts to turn StarMade into "other games".
    StarMade is original as is, it would be nice to see it stay that way.

... and well, as far as "difficult" goes... StarMade has enough problems already.
    Maybe one day, in a galaxy far far away, when everything is completed and functional...

Last edited: