Recognized Fleet Permissions

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Fleet permissions are needed.

Please allow fleet creators/owners to set permissions for ALL faction ranks AND allies.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    • If I send a fighter squadron to back up an ally, It would be best if I could actually order the fleet to follow commands from allies
    • I want my whole faction to be able to use the mining fleet.
    • I want to restrict any fleets with large, expensive capitals to faction rank 2 and above so a stupid recruit doesn't fly it into a star.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I can see the need of this but how would that ally receive the backup you sent?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I can see the need of this but how would that ally receive the backup you sent?
    1. I spawn in 10 heavy fighters.
    2. I fleet them.
    3. I set permission for allies to give commands and now my allies can see the fleet on their fleet command console and issue it orders.

It's like when I save a ship to Catalog, then check the OTHERS checkbox and now everyone can see my BP in the Catalog and buy a copy.

Reactions: HolyCookie

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    1. I spawn in 10 heavy fighters.
    2. I fleet them.
    3. I set permission for allies to give commands and now my allies can see the fleet on their fleet command console and issue it orders.
    It's like when I save a ship to Catalog, then check the OTHERS checkbox and now everyone can see my BP in the Catalog and buy a copy.
    lol glad I wasn't the only one thinking of something like this. :)

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Makes sense. We will probably be looking at this when we focus on faction and fleet stuff and merging the two systems, part of our plans anyway.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Thanks for looking.
    I'm just spitballing stuff for exactly that reason; when you get to a place where it's relevant, you have a whole pile of options to work with. Trying to keep codability in mind throughout.