Fleet Control: Mine Sector -> Mine Target

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Been running a serious mining drone fleet for the first time, so I finally have some real experience with it.

Biggest thing I would like right now is the ability to tell the drones specifically which asteroid to start with. Especially at lower levels (as in, when you only have smaller ships) the new asteroids can be HUGE now, and your drones seem to all pick an asteroid in range at random.

This is a pain when you want to mine the Rammet asteroid right next to the Hylatt asteroid, but your entire drone force is obsessed with the Hylatt 'roid. Means you either have to mine the Rammet manually while your drones go mine the Hylatt, or you go mine the Hylatt with them first when you didn't really necessarily want it.

At higher levels (aka bigger ships), its not as much of a problem because you should be able to vaporize entire fields pretty quickly so you're clearing the entire sector out anyway, but at lower levels its really annoying to not be able to give your drones specific orders on what to prioritize.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    A focus fire command in the fleet menu that all members of the fleet focus on the current target when the button was pressed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    In an idea world *cough* the fleet would try to mine what ever the mother-ship had selected as a target. Assuming that target as unminable the fleet would default to its current AI. This would resolve several issues, such as allowing drones to mine fallen enemies, planet plates, or stations.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As far as I am aware there is a lot more fleet options planned and drone mining is barely implemented (you can't even salvage ships or mine planets). I would be surprised if we didn't see this ability.