Flame-thrower

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

Flame-throwers would be an interesting addition to the game in my opinion. And if you could fire them at ships and (depending on what they are made of) have it so that even after you have left the fire in their ship is still going until they put it out. You could also use it to burn down trees on planets and if there were any trees near the tree that is burning then they would catch fire too and eventually turn into nothing.

Ships could then also have fire fighting equipment on them if these fires where common things.

At least making a Flame-thrower Effect module would be good.

Hand held guns of this type could then also be made.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You put too much empathesis on Trees in a space-based game, in my opinion anyways.
    It honestly sounds more annoying then anything, since trees themselves are not of much real importance, and DoT on ships would be OP during offline assults.

Flowing liquids were discussed and are not possible in the current engine iirc. (this is a reply to your other post, which was honestly mostly the same cept it dealt with flowing lava)

D

Deleted member 392097

You put too much empathesis on Trees in a space-based game, in my opinion anyways.
    It honestly sounds more annoying then anything, since trees themselves are not of much real importance, and DoT on ships would be OP during offline assults.

Flowing liquids were discussed and are not possible in the current engine iirc. (this is a reply to your other post, which was honestly mostly the same cept it dealt with flowing lava)
    The trees thing would be nice, but would not be the main point of it. The main point would be to cause damage to ships overs time and make it more realistic, so if you had an Effect that did this instead then actually firing a missile at someone would cause their ship to catch on fire.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm pretty sure that, well, nobody really needs damage over time. It would also make rapid fire cannons OP. So no, I respectfully disagree.
    What rating do you want? Clock? Clock it is then (there is no disagree button anymore).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to see this implemented as an optional personal weapon when alien creatures are brought into the game. "Alien" adventure map, anyone? Anyone? Beuler?

Reaction score
    How about it looks and is called an energy burst, that why we don't have to rely on oxygen or something.

when it hits spaceships/players/ect it could spark between points having a chance to do more damage

and maybe it could electrify blocks.. We could make entire planets electrified so ships would take damage when they were close to them!!!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Fire in space? Without oxygen?
    obviously there'd be some kind of O2 beam to contain the fire, but since plasma is cooler, that's unlikely (sorry panda! :D )

Also, inside the ships there'd be O2