Fix M>m before Crew

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    As I realized reading through a thread in the general forums just now, the Mm weapon combo (AKA "swarmers" AKA "heat seekers") attacks friendly targets even inside the ship of the player who fires it.

As soon as crew is implemented, every halfway decent ship will have multiple friendly targets inside of it, rendering Mm completely useless even when no other friendly ships, stations or astronauts are within range.

It would be super nice if Schine had the foresight to alter the function of Mm at some point before Crew completely nerfs it and we're left with an utterly broken weapon for...

...however long.

THINK ABOUT THE RED SHIRTS!!!:eek:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    No heat signatures for astronauts.

Even optical heat-seakers shouldn't target anything from near the ship which launched them.

Real-life shoulder-launched anti-tank rockets have a trigger distance of 9 meter, so that you can not kill yourself.

Reaction score
    Some rockets use 9 m distance. Others, like the RPG, use a g-force meter to arm the rocket after the primary rocket motor has ignited...which comes after the rocket itself is far enough away from the user to not kill/injure/maim them with back-blast from the rocket. And I'm sure some others are just armed when fired (After all, it's not like firing a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher is actually very safe. Even if the missile doesn't arm until it's 9 meters away, a detonation at 10m can still be easily fatal. Oh, and painfully fatal. Don't forget the painful part)

Now that I've derailed the thread a bit, heatseekers should not target astronauts, period. There's no reason why they'd ever go after such a small heat signature. Never. Not when there's spaceship engines and weapons to follow.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Swarmers shouldn't target astronauts at all.