Fishtank shipyards (Crusader class WIP)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello there and wellcome to the glorious lilFishy's shipyard (my IGN), alos know as
    "aint nobody got the patience for that" yard...

I started playing Starmade a little over a month ago and in that time made a lot of attempts to actualy finish any of my ships, but sadly, that did not happen - and that is what brings me here: seeking further motivation, inspiration and above all else advice.

My newest project is about 700m long and 250m wide and is a heavy WIP.
    The outer shel has been finished on the frontal part while the back end is waiting for an idea.
    Oh, and i am a big fan of almost every sci-fi universe, so that has a impact on my builds.
    Also, I am trying to arange my systems in such a fashion that they actualy look nice but also perform well.

starmade-screenshot-0036.jpg
    I am aware that it looks like a Star Destroyer, however the finished product will only have a simmilar front part .

Forward placeholder beam weapon:
    starmade-screenshot-0037.jpg
    4 PD laser turrets and one ion beam turret:
    starmade-screenshot-0038.jpg
    I was somewhat lazy about winishing these hangar doors:
    starmade-screenshot-0039.jpg
    The rear end. Note the systems:
    starmade-screenshot-0040.jpg
    Engines. Thisi is just a general idea and colour scheme, will be worked on later.
    starmade-screenshot-0041.jpg
    Two auxiliary reactors and jump drive coils. The finished ship will feature one more main reactor and unkown number of jump coils:
    starmade-screenshot-0042.jpg
    Antimatter reactor tube. Features 13 antimatter rods (docked reactors):
    starmade-screenshot-0043.jpg
    Top view, the hole will have some sort of superstructure, bridge location is still debatable:
    starmade-screenshot-0044.jpg
    Lower hangar bay, used for everything form salvagers to frigates and even Antimatter rod replacement:
    starmade-screenshot-0045.jpg

EDIT: can someone explain to me how to launch drones from ship and they are stationed in a drone rack?

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    EDIT: can someone explain to me how to launch drones from ship and they are stationed in a drone rack?
    There's two ways to do it.
    1. Have a core undock from the main ship and get pushed into an area trigger on the drone rack with a two block beam/push array (all via logic). That way it'll trigger the undocking sequence on the drone rack and pushing if you have the push system mounted on the rack.
    2. Have a core docked to the main ship sit flush with the drone rack, surrounded by area triggers (which are located on the rack). That way when the core undocks it'll move into the area trigger and trigger the chain reaction.
    Honestly, I suggest that you just wait for the update since it'll include wireless logic. You'll have to re-make the system if you decide to do it now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank you very much, well since i am not going to add actual turrets untill the patch i might as well wait with the racks.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Thank you very much, well since i am not going to add actual turrets untill the patch i might as well wait with the racks.
    Good choice. Especially since you'd want to load the rack in with rails if it's an internal rack.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    When you say it looks like a star destroyer, it actually does indeed look like one, however, it's more of the Sith Empire from the KotOR era, as there is a star destroyer which does have that central section missing
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Harrower-class_dreadnought <This thing.

But anyways, it looks amazing. :O
    I am quite fammiliar with SW ships, and after laying out the hull i had the same thought, tnx btw.

Now for something new, a Space Ship project (Converting regular ships to space ones)

I give you the making of Nelson class battleship

Still a long way to go...
    starmade-screenshot-0044.jpg

starmade-screenshot-0045.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I like your ships. For the rear of your WIP why not emulate an Executor or Eclipse class SSD?

Engines under armor plates is my point. 4-6 engines would look great! Keep up your great building!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So after quite a busy couple of weeks I am honored to presend a new and almost done (compared to my oter attempts to finis ha ship that is) Crusader class corvette

And yes, this is based on the Star Wars one, with the changes going to be in the turret department :P

Reactions: Rumcajz and Krougal