Firing Modes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Add an option that you can change a weapon or salvage laser into "Dumb Fire" mode.

This mode would allow the firing of a weapon to its facing without following the targeting reticule of its controller.

You would be able to make broadside weapons as well as other things with this mode.

Adding a selection that you could hit "c" on the lead weapon block of the array and switch its firing mode for the entire array would probably be the easiest way

Some Ideas that would use this mode:

Boring Miner: a ship that clears a path in front of it with targeted lasers but as it passes through the object in its bore path, lasers pointing out on all sides eat away the rest of it.

Repair Ring: A ring on/in a ship or station that has repair beams in a grid facing inwards. As a person fires the ring another can fly the ship through it and pretty much repair the whole outside in one pass.

World Eater : a Salvage ship that can devour planets using the ring technique.

Death Blossom ship: A ship that spins in space and fires in all diections. (From the movie The Last Starfighter)

There are multiple others that I can think of just off the top of my head but I am not gonna list them all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s mostly useful for salvaging and thematic stuff. Not a nessecity suggestion but one that would allow people to do variations with things.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d like this to be a server option. That way the giant ship with a 500-block main cannon cannot simply swivel around and snipe smaller ships out of the sky. Possibly adding in a new type of docking that connects to the main ship\'s weapon but can move like a turret dock.

The best part, though, would definitely be for mining on a large scale.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry, but I agree with OP. I\'m working on several ships based on Warhammer 40k, and one thing that separates them from ships belonging to other IPs is the ability to unleash unbelievably devastating broadside barrages. Turrets have their place, and that place is point defence