Filter by availability in shops and some other shop ideas.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Basic. Don't show me blocks the shop doesn't have. Some other filters added could be added at the same time.
    Also add a material sorter filter. This shows the block you specify AND the blocks the shop has in stock that go into producing that block. If the specified block type isn't available you still see what the store has that goes into making it. Giving you the option to by the mats and assemble a few yourself.

Another quick idea would be the auto assigning of ownership to shop modules to the structure faction's founder. User B places the shop module and the game warns them placing the block will make User A the owner because it is factioned. Simply because User A is the founder of the faction that station belongs to. User A is automatically assigned ownership. User A would have to manually assign control to User B. If both Users are founders you can forego the warning and let it be place. Both Users get assigned as shop owner. Unfactioned structures would be owned by nobody. Allowing the User to manually specify ownership as they do now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I like it! here are some older Shop ideas I've seen bumping around to toss on the pile:

There also desperately needs to be the ability to select what you want to buy and sell as a shop owner. That way people can not sell you things you don't want.

There also needs to be a better trade function in the Shop. I know we have the "buy items with blocks" selection, but that is a list of ever single block in the game, in absolutely no logical order last time I checked. It needs a type in search like everything else has now.

As part of the trade system there needs to be a separate Trade window where people can exchange goods and credits at a time without having to meet in person. You set up a trade with a player, you pre-select what you are going to put in, and what they are going to put in. Once both sides of the trade window are filled the trade occurs. This would allow players that are never online at the same time to trade and work together. There are a lot of older MMOs that use this exact system. Would really help with the new economy that is rolling out.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I like the trade window but I think the 'trade beam' or w/e reason we make up can't transmit the items over a sector away. You have to be in the same sector. Otherwise who needs cargo ships? Maybe have a server side option called Trade_Distance where the server owner can specify 0 for no limit. 1 for same sector and go up from there up to 65535.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I would say you would need to be in range of the person/shop for a trade to work just like you have to do now.

The very first ships I made were cargo ships. I've personally wanted stack limits more the any other feature lol.

But a trade beam that can be adjusted via the config makes better game play sense. As long as there is a way to trade with a person who isn't online I am happy.

Reaction score
    I think a lot of the "away from game trading" could be simpler to allow the trade guild or other players to transfer the good for a set percentage of profit. If you want to sell 10000 ore to someone, you set up a trade order which th e trade guild or faction member would pick up. They fly to the shop of the person you are trading with and pick up the return goods/credits and upon return to your base they are given a percentage. Now... That could open up the game to theft of goods, or the game could just handle the transaction securely as "packages" that have no value to shops and can't be opened unless by the receiver. I think this should be server option. I don't think we need a magic letter postal service like MMOs do. We have shops that can be owned and a need for cargo.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Site to site teleportation of inanimate matter or the SSTIM beam! Ok, maybe not that name.