Few ideas of devices

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi everyone, this is my first time posting is these forums, and I hope you'll enjoy my ideas for (what i guess would be) an improvment of Starmade gameplay :

1) A Yamato-type cannon:

For those who know a little bit about Blizzard games, this would be very funny to pulverize ennemy flagships. It could be another kind of weapon, much like the others, with a computer and cannons, except for one thing: you MUST stick all the cannons together. Why? Because it would be a super cannon designed for big ship. Here's how it could work : When you press the firing button, it would charge the cannon, draining energy at an exponential rate and charging the damage at a linear rate. The more cannons you have sticked together, the more you gain ''damage charge'' each second. When you can no longer supply your Yamato cannon charge or when you release the firing button, it would launch a super big projectile to the ennemy.

2) EMPs

I know that you guys probably spoke about that idea, but I'd like to share my idea of how it could be more gameplay-friendly:

a) energy EMP:

An EMP device that consumes 100% of you ship's current energy to burn the same amount to nearby ennemy ships, splitted among them. There could be some EMP augmenting devices (some kind of new cubes) that could be added to your ship to increase the range of the EMP, allowing its use for bigger ships (since originally it would have a maximal 3D range). The energy EMP would be a normal weapon that you can choose from the weapons interface.

b) Shield EMP:

Same thing as the first one, but it would drain the shield of ennemy ships.

c) EMP catalyst :

A device that can be linked to both shield and energy EMPs in order to have a super EMP weapon that drains energy and shield of ennemy ships. since this device would be overpowered, it should be very rare and hard to buy/create (by conventionnal means)

EMPs could be very useful for bigger ship to neutralize smaller interceptors harassing them.

3) Plasma cannons:

I'd looove to see ''augmented'' devices in starmade, much like improved thrusters/cannons/batteries, but I know that not everybody can agree. Anyways, I'd like to share this idea because it would have another use:

a) First, if you link a plasma cannon to a weapon's computer, it would be more like a better laser cannon.

b) If you like a plasma (or some plasma cannons) to an EMP device (or an EMP catalyst), you could fire EMP rounds. The more plasma cannons you have linked together, the more range it has and the lesser the shield and/or energy damage is splitted (for example, if you normally deal 100 damage to 2 ships, (100 splitted is 50), then if you have a bigger plasma cannon, it would be more like 60 damage to each ship). you could also modify in the weapons interface the amount of current energy drained each shot (100% is a little bit too much). If you have multiple plasma cannons linked to an EMP device, it would fire multiple EMP rounds but ONLY if you have enough energy to do so (that means you would have to put maximum 50% of current energy consumption for each cannons if you have 2 cannons).

4) Prismatic beam:

Some kind of weapon that works like a salvaging beam but inflicts damage instead. This could be useful for smaller ships attacking bigger ones, since ''salvaging'' a moving object can be quite difficult (unless the object is 1000X bigger than you)

6) Optimised power drain:

I'm not familiar with this device, but it could be more efficient if it was usable on ships and not only batteries. Or a little twist of gameplay : only on ships that have shields online.

7) A repair computer:

A device that ''saves'' the shape and elements of your ship when you activate it, so when your ship is physically damaged you can put (for example) hulls in a storage box linked to it in order to autorepair the ship (when the repair computer is used as a weapon). The computer would then use ressources in the storage box to replace the destroyed parts of the ship, depending on what your ship needs and what you have in the storage box. This could be useful when you fight countless hordes of pirate ships and you wonder where they put their laser holes on your ship.

Thats it, guy! I hope you find my ideas interesting since I do, that new ships content can be added to this game!