Feature suggestions that add more difficult gameplay

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I noticed recently that the sun can be traveled to and actually affects the ship that is close to it. I feel that this can be applied to many other game aspects

On ice planets: The cold temperatures found normally in space are even worse here causing nearby ships to lose speed in pretty much everything (repairing, salvaging, moving, etc.)

In lava: Lava, if it doesn't already, should be more deadly to normal hulls making it possible to make an effective ramming ship.

Possible Lava Planet: Planets covered/filled with lava would be possibly more dense than other planets so would have more gravity. When you add deadly lava into the mix, this becomes a planet useful for keeping away annoying griefers or as a snare for larger ships.

On Alien (Purple) Planets: Alien substances are harmful to the unprotected ship and can slowly corrode metal over time.

Space Storms: Similar to the large thunderstorm on Jupiter, the space storms would be devastating to unshielded ships as the bolts can travel almost all the way through a hull.

Thanks for making this fun game. I look forward to more updates!

-WBS

Reaction score
    I especially like your idea for Space Storms.

The texturing for that could look something like a Star Trek-esque Ion Storm. I also think that another feature this way that could be implemented are gravity wells within these storms, so that if a ship gets too close it ends up pulled in, and can\'t get out without a large amount of thrust.

Black holes could also be implemented, which rip a ship apart upon entering their \"Event Horizon\". They would have the same kind of omnidirectional gravity wells as the space storms, so that they could pull ships into them.