Fake round planet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have made a pretty image to sum up my idea. Basically it about pulling apart space and planets on differents maps (with invisible loading between the 2 when entering atmosphere of a given planet). Planet would be bigger and will feel more like a real planet.

(view from surface should be view from top)

I don't know shit in programation, please be indulgent if this is impossible. ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    well... It has more sense than most of earlier proposals. Dunno if it is possible either, but it looks more suitable for implementation than round/pseudo-round planets suggested earlier. Maybe this is even better than M&Ms variant. Unfortunately I\'m not a programmer either...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wouldn\'t look so great when ascending/descending. Also you\'d have the problem of people usualy entering the planet in the same area, even if they were to aproach the planet differently. Huge ships would be another big problem... They might chase or colide with their own tail - or get stuck half in and half out the atmosphere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They could implement, say, dimensions check for big ships. And nobody said we can\'t use shuttles. And with the same area... Yeah, that\'s the problem, can\'t imagine an easy and painless solution

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Big ship half way in the atmosphere could be render on both map until you can\'t see them dissapear. Also i\'ve done another pretty image:

Reaction score
    As Innocent stated, ships that are huge might get a...Portal effect by quantum warping and seeing the other end of the ship.

This would be rather confusing, also, think of dogfighting, moving fast enough, you might be shooting the other craft at the same time they are shooting you.

EDIT:

come to think of it, these worlds would be boring after a few minutes.