Factory sub-production

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    "...perhaps a production line of sorts could be made where multiple factoryinputs would be used to draw a single contained ingredient out at a time..."

To control EXACTLY how many of each resource are being used every tick. As opposed to a more direct construction method like drop-down menus or a selection screen to choose what you'd like the ingredients to be used for. THAT of course would be best. But I kinda like the idea of a slightly complex production line. I think some REALLY cool stuff could be made by the genius players we have around here.

So I was trying to make grey hull pieces (1x "Plextanium L1" and 25x "Rock") but the ingredients I plopped into my factory were getting wasted on a recipe I had not intended my ingredients to be used for.

• [(Plextanium L1(132) x5)] --> [(SD2000 FLUX COIL(227) x1)]

I would get a grey hull piece or two produced and then a SD2000 flux coil would get made, then a piece or two of hull, and then another coil. I had enough plextanium L1 for something like 80 or 90 grey hull pieces. But when I came back to check on it there was only something like seven or eight grey hull pieces and roughly half a dozen coils (odd ratio of ingredients / product because I interrupted the production with ingredients still left over)

As far as I have been able to discern, there isn't a way to tell the factory block "Hey...stop that...I'm giving you these ingredients for grey hull pieces and grey hull pieces ALONE. No coils! ...bad factory block...bad..." it helps to make the block feel guilty and contemplate what its done alone in its room.

=) So yeah! I was thinking, perhaps a production line of sorts could be made where multiple factoryinputs would be used to draw a single contained ingredient out at a time. So in the case of my desire for grey hulls, you would make 1 particle press, and connected to the blocks west face would be a link to a single factoryinput containing a pile of plextanium L1. Then connected to its east face would be a daisy chain of factory inputs sending in the rock. Kind of a factory funnel sub-system. Funnel these into this, and then those two into this one, and then the final two funnels pour into the particle press. Does that make sense? Probably not but its my story and I'm stickin to it.

If the rock could be funneled in through a daisy chain system, which in the case of grey hull would be quite a long chain of 25 factory inputs (The one on the end sends a rock to the input in front of it, then that input sends the received rock, and an additional rock from ITS contents along to the next input with it, making 2 rocks coming down the line, then after the third input there would be 3 rocks coming down the line until at the particle press 25 rock hit the particle press for every tick.

But perhaps that process could be improved apon with a funnel - funnel system where you have perhaps five inputs pouring into one input, that way you have one input spitting out 5 of its sub-input contents at a time. 5 pouring into 1 five times would make five inputs droppin stacks of 5, then those five inputs dropping five each could funnel down into a single input which would catch the cumulative stacks of 25.

Anyway! Sorry for the convoluted explanations here. I know its probably redundantly detailed.

Also, if anyone finds a work around for my problem that currently works in-game, I'd totally appreciate a point in the right direction! =)

Great game! 'Love it!