Faction Weapon Colours + lock on beam weapons

Reaction score
    I have been thinking of things to replace turrets, as they are big culmsy, dont always work (as i found out in the lightning sphere yesterday) and make your ship look all ugly. As mutch as when they work they are one of the bast weapons in starmade, and are good for some decrotive ships, but ships I build are rarely improved by turrets and usually are too big to just rely on AMC's and SD-BB's so i though: what if we had a thing sommilar to a turret that atually isnt a separate entity, so you would have a row of the "emmiter" blocks down the side of your ship and when you press "F" on the target ship and click, the block in the "Emmiter bank" closest or on the closest emitter bank to the target will emmit a beam that is efectively a constant AMC pulse that will shoot towards the core/weapons computers on the enemy vessle, depending on what system you select it to target in the weapons Tab the beam would contine untill you either run out of power or stop holding click what this means is that you have effectively a weapon, like the turret, that can shoot at an enemy wothout your ship having to point at it and a effective set up, simmilar to AMC's, where you can select the Range, Damage, reload, and targeted System on enemy ship. this would be a good weapon to include and im sure many fellow Trekies want Phasers :) i have heard of the new "lazer" weapon but havent relly done research into it and belive this will be a very diffrent weapon. hope it is considerd and used.

And another idea i have had, the other day i was looking through the diffrent image resorces and wanted to change the colour of AMCs and SD-BBs like i have mentiond, for Phasers and Photon Torpedoes, but i cant get it to work, so i was wondering what if there was an in-game feature for weapons colour? as i had also noticed that especially with the new backgrounds AMC's and SD-BBs are hard to see with the white colouring, and thought what if you could have a "faction weapons Colour" this way you could have whatever coulor you wanted and other players would know who's shooting i dont know whether you would have the choce of one colour for all weapons or a colour for each, but a colour for each would get confusing so i recommend one colour. thanks for reading, i hope both my suggestions get added as i think they would both greatly improve the game.

Legoassin57@ the MushroomFleet server :) almost all the time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Please fix your hundreds of typos. It...my typing ability goes to hell here, but you take the cake. Sure the colour idea is nice but I would prefer it correlating to the power of the shot. The first idea you had I can barely even read.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Use paragraphs or use ENTER.

Then I will re-consider reading your post.

Reaction score
    why do you care if i didnt write this well?, i just wanted to voice an idea and when i get into writing something i dont tend to use grammar very well, so im sorry my grammar sucks, now can you look at the idea not my Way of writing things please?

Reaction score
    Grammar and making your point readable is important. If what you\'re trying to suggest doesn\'t make any sense to those reading it then there\'s little point in making the suggestion in the first place. If you clear up your writing then people will be more willing to engage in discussion.

People don\'t like walls of text either. Try to be concise while retaining as much detail as possible.

I didn\'t read the first part, but yes, coloured lasers and such would be good.

Reaction score
    I really like the idea of factions having coloured weapons. It\'s something that every sci-fi has, but I recommend fixing the grammar as half the comments you get on this post will be about that, which is a shame because there are some good ideas here.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The First Item seems to be \"Replace turrets with a row of weapons along the side\"; which, while may look practical, can be done by turrets if you really wanted to (set them to -fire at selected-)

Turrets are very buggy yes, but that is probably due to how its being coded somehow, but they are fixed. It is foolish to throw away so much work because it still not working quite right, and the side-mounted weapons would be just as buggy, if not more buggy, then current turrets me thinks. (tho you gave me an interesting idea for Broadship turrets ;p) -NOTE; Careful when mentioning this in Public, it smells like Eve to me.

As for the colour thing, That may be interesting yes :eek: but keep in mind formation and communication can help sort out a battle as well. The Problem is I think it was explained somewheres why you can have Custom Coloured plex-lights, so you would have to pick from default colours (which may or may not help, since the ne Backgrounds have a colour similar to every colour o -o )

All in all, interesting ideas :p But they refer to issues that can be solved via Patience, communication, or creative thinking (If turrets look bad, they take that into consideration when building the frame of the ship)

And for those wondering, I read that using Magic o-o This is the Sum of his suggestion btw :p

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nice picture... IMO, that should totally be possible. Weapon colors should be configured through the structure menu.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    But (with AMCs anyways) That might step intowards seizure warnings and stuff, if everyone was playing too much with the colours

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I was thinking more about beams... AMC bolts, actually, could remain white, now that I\'m thinking about it. Everything else should definitely be colorable - including shields!

Reaction score
    CyberTao post with the Colored plex-lights say placed in line with the antimatter or missiles would be a great idea to augmented colored weapons fire. however as Ithirahad indicated, easier to implement in the weapons configuration gui.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can recolor shields.

Just edit ./data/image-ressources/shield_tex.png.

Don\'t use an image too large, as it hurts performance. It should have between 1 and 50 KB on PCs neither low nor high end.