Faction making 101

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So then, you want to join the political world of StarMade. But not as a pawn. Oh no, you want to be something better than that. You want to conquer the multiverse, make your opponents cower before you and...well, you get the idea.

Well, guess what: that requires work, and this guide was designed to show you how to fast track your new faction to stardom!

Step 1: Naming your faction.

This bit is somewhat simple, but be careful: this makes all the difference.

For a start, make your name ridiculously overused, like "The Galactic Federation Imperial republic"(© me ORIGINAL CONCEPT DO NOT STEAL) or some crap like that.

Told you it was easy.

Step 2: Faction motto.

Stick some meaningless bollocks into Google Translate so it comes out in Latin. This has never been done before here.

Step 3: picking a personality.

Be sure to either kill anything on site no matter what or be as peaceful (and as relevant) as Liechtenstein.

NO IN BETWEENS.

Step 4: choosing a server.

Here are the main factors to consider: do we have a lot of starting money? Is the server active? Are the pirates there given capital ships by default?

If the answer is yes to all of those, pick another server.

Step 5: try to tie into a popular franchise.

Yet another unheard of and incredibly risky idea is to base your faction off an existing sci-fi series. make sure it's popular, or else noone will get it.

Alright tiger. You've done it. You've made a truly unique, incredible faction that doesn't clog up the forums. Now get out there and say you're better than everyone, because you are!

-Disclaimer: Iaminnowayresponsibleforanyinsults,threatsofdeathordoxingifyouchoosetofollowthisguide. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine.

On a side note, I can't type.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Its just an \"internet name\" people give to tutorials i think.

Reaction score
    It\'s a course numbering system. Colleges and universities generally append a three-digit number to their classes to represent difficulty. 100 is the baseline, with 101 representing your first step towards higher learning. Numbers below 100 such as 99 represent remedial classes or tutoring to bring you up to standards of said institution.

> \"Stick some meaningless bollocks into Google Translate so it comes out in Latin. This has never been done before here.\"
    >quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Reaction score
    so u just stated all the obvious things that anyone would think of, faction leaders should make these type of threads