Planned EXPLOSIONS

Reaction score
    when a ship die's based on its size thats how big the ship explosion should be, so just make it like for each 100 meter's ,and when you make like a ship under 100 meter's it still makes a explosion, but when you go over 100 and its like 800 meters long that shit will be breath taking XD, but its just a suggestion hope you like the idea and the way it could be made based on size, Burning out.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    when a ship die's based on its size thats how big the ship explosion should be, so just make it like for each 100 meter's ,and when you make like a ship under 100 meter's it still makes a explosion, but when you go over 100 and its like 800 meters long that shit will be breath taking XD, but its just a suggestion hope you like the idea and the way it could be made based on size, Burning out.
    The forum loves hearing suggestions! This one definitely sounds fun but you should really check through the forum a bit more before posting. I've seen many of these come across and many of them have great arguments in them.
    SkylordLuke is maintaining a list of the most suggested topics here. https://starmadedock.net/threads/frequent-suggestions-megathread.23394/

Ship exploding threads seem to be missing though!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In addition to different-sized explosions based on ship size, I think larger ships should get a procedurally-generated series of explosions that start out as a number of smaller explosions across the surface of the larger ship that you would expect from a smaller ship, and then a new set of explosions involving fewer but larger explosions, and continuing on until there is one last big explosion that encompasses the entire ship.

I imagine the explosion effect could start simply as an orange pulse globe. As long as this "pulse" doesn't effect individual blocks, it shouldn't be too laggy, no matter how big the effect is drawn.

Reactions: jgames666

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Awesome this got a planned tag. I'm excited for it.

Reaction score
    same XD i cant wait until this game grow's
    its like watching a baby grow XD CANT WAIT FOR IT!