explosions while walking around ships

Reaction score
    I know it's nothing of high priority, but it's still a nuisance, to get killed while walking down the hall.

As far as i know it has been mentioned only a few times in other topics. I thought this matter might deserve it's own thread.

So heres my idea:
    I don't know how difficult it would be to have explosions just stop at the surface of a ship without disturbing it in other directions. But my guess is that something like that would require quite some recourses at some point (imagine geting hit by severel dozen missiles).

Therefore i suggest to have players beeing immune to all explosions hitting the ship as long as it's shields are up and you are in it's gravitiy field. This solution should give the computer much less work than having it check blocks and their corodinates and is probably easier to implent.

Sure, people standing on top of a wing would be unfaced by explosions as well, but for me thats just a minor conflict with realism i could live with. Besides, the thought of wachting an epic battle from a front seat has some appeal too.

Reactions: Equilibrium21

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I accidentally murdered the shop NPC and all the crew on my salvager while testing its shields with a missile ship. We could really use this feature to prevent accidents like that again.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I thought you meant something like Star Trek exploding consoles, but this is a great idea XD

Reaction score
    Simple and needed. I got killed quite often by my own SD-KB missiles, by leaving the core when I thought they were gone (all before the weapons overhaul, of course).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    As long as the shields are up, I agree. Although this shouldn't protect ships and turrets.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    As long as the shields are up, I agree. Although this shouldn't protect ships and turrets.
    Yes, but then you get ridiculous I looking random damage on ships in shuttlebays and whatnot. There needs to be a better solution in general. :\

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the magic missiles trail is annoying too I spawned tens of enemy ships with missiles then I hid in my large ships hanger to protect the ship I was building. I got outside the ship into the hanger and I saw missile trail going past me through the large ship one hit me and I died

Reaction score
    I think this should totally be implemented, as someone who has experienced this(and someone building ships that are more focused on co-op)