Exploring planets pays (possible spoiler)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As a single-player all beginning is tough, certainly if you don't want to use admin cheats. To get faction and territory perks actually a planet based base is a good way to start getting those.
    Here's what happened if you won't mind a small spoiler. ;)

So, using the new galaxy map I made my way to the three planets in the system I spawned in and look what I found when flying around the second.

Needless to say I decided to establish my first base here since the habitants seem to have left anyhow and, well, I actually can't be bothered. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    This has been in the game for a while, though this city seems to be better made than what we used to have.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The cities and *spoiler alert* pyramids don't spawn properly. They often clip through eachother, and the result is far from pretty. Even looking at your picture I can see building spawned in buildings.

I'm actually hoping that the next contest will be for planet structures.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    did you find the plexbox with goodies inside? should be in the center, usually hanging mid air

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The cities and *spoiler alert* pyramids don't spawn properly. They often clip through each other, and the result is far from pretty. Even looking at your picture I can see building spawned in buildings.
    In my previous 0.17x world I had a base in a pyramid that had another one inside. The first desert planet on this tour had a pyramid too, but it was only a quarter build because it was very much at the edge of a plate. I did land there too, but no plexbox so I traveled on with the result as shown. ;)

@WarSong: Yup, the plexbox was in the central building just north from what I have designated as the temporal landing area in the bottom of the picture. The pyramid in the previous world had me spoiled though. Two pyramids inside each other and yes, two plexboxes with loot. Ah, those were the days. :D

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really feel that certain items should spawn less in storages on cities/pyramids. I recently found 550 (!) jump drives in one chest, along with some other extremely valuable blocks (also in massive quantities).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, I think the contents is quite random generated at the moment and I suspect that just landing on a planet with 'man' made structures and looting the plexbox there will be a thing of the past as soon as NPC civilizations are introduced. Something I hope will be invoked over time.

Obviously I have just started with this new world/universe, so I have no idea yet how common these habitats are spawned on planets at the moment. If for instance every system has one I'd say that's much too much, a chance between one in ten or one in twenty would make such finds more rare and give a greater feel of accomplishment. Maybe for play-type purposes that spawn chance value should be offered to the admin to be set in the server.cfg.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Yes, the ridiculous amount of stuff is kinda game breaking for single player. I'd think you'd want the player to continue mining to fabricate the more advanced stuff, instead of giving him 532 of them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, the ridiculous amount of stuff is kinda game breaking for single player. I'd think you'd want the player to continue mining to fabricate the more advanced stuff, instead of giving him 532 of them.
    Yes, although those guys with only 5xx of something are cheapskates, how about 936 computers, now that's money in the bank. ;)
    But, all in all you're right and maybe if it was one stack of something valuable, well okee, but five to ten of them is a but much...

To come back to the spawn rate of habitats, in my 0,0,0 initial spawn system there are three planets, a yellow and two green. Well the yellow one had a partial pyramid, the visited green the image spoiler in my first post and since then I visited the third only to find out it had a habitat as well. I haven't ventured out of my home system yet so I don't know if planets found there too will be habited always, or in this case have 'man' made structures, time will tell.

Greets,

Jan