Read by Council Expanded turret logic/remote options

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hi,
    So for the past month or so Ive been working on some 300k block emp focused turrets to add to my ship.
    However, even though it looks very cool and drains 25 mill e/s and a bunch of shields if I want to adjust how many emp/shield computers are firing I have to manually de-link it from the turrets core.
    Sure I can do that, but its not so practical when during combat Ive drained their energy and want the turret to stop using the shield/emp weapons and activate the missile/offensive weapons

Thus I would love to see the ability to turn weapon computers on/off using logic to allow more strategic and tactical decisions during combat, and the ability to mange your turrets armament while piloting your main ship (hook button up to wireless inside turret connected to weapon computer).
    Activated weapon computers could be used and would 'glow' while de-activated ones would not and wouldn't appear on the entities hotbar.

Thanks for reading ^_^

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    Biggest issue I see here is potential conflict with logic fired weapons which are already widely used throughout the community. You can, as you probably know, enable and disable your turret AI in your ship menus; wondering if there would be a way to link that function to logic, could be a great idea.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If I remember correctly some time we are supposed to get the ability to activate/deactivate turrets by linking logic to the rail turret axis docks. This way you could disable and enable turrets at will.