Exiting a core

Reaction score
    Over the months that I've been playing starmade, there have only been a few things that have annoyed me. The one that I hope gets the best fix is the problem I get when exiting a core. The main problem I have is when I have a small ship with a rather crowded interior such as an Isanth, I end up teleporting outside of the ship. This tends to be quite a problem because then I have to transverse the outside of the ship, often under fire, and reenter the ship. This leads to quite a few problems in my opinion, so I think a decent fix or such is to have a specific radius around the core where either it's not buildable in, or where you specificlly spawn when you leave. This would mean that there is less of a chance that you end up with a ship flying off into space with no way to catch it. This is my opinion, I don't know how hard that'd be to program, but I believe it would be a very important fix.

Comments, this is something not only I have had happened I guess. so lets see what everyone else thinks.

Reaction score
    a \"no build zone\" around the core would destroy many small ship designs as well as turrets.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is part of the reason why I always suggest having a pilot\'s seat. It would take up two blocks, and would not collide with the player, so when you exit the control view you\'d find yourself standing where the chair is. No more strange issue of the game deciding where you respawn, and no more magically being sucked up into one-block spaces. Oh, and there would be a way to disable ships without causing them to begin a self-destruct sequence.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think it is better to just freeze/save a player position (relative to the ship) when entering the core and restore it on leave.

I thought about no-build areas as well, but with above that is not required anymore. If you teleport from turret-core to your ship-core ofc, that may be a problem, but teleporting using cores is bad anyway - you may end up in the wrong turret and disable random AIs.

Maybe save/restore a player position can be used to remotly control fighters/drones... +1? :)