Excelsior & Star Trek Meshes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm Pretty sure Shipyard is the best forum for this, if not let me know.

I've been looking for Star Trek 3D meshes to use as reference material for building ships. Unfortunately, for the most part the ships I want to build don't have a lot of material floating around the net.

That's where you come in, folks. Maybe one or two of you know where I can find some of the exotic hulls I'm looking for, or you can easily convert something you have on your hard drive for me.

Specifically, at the moment I'm looking for the following ships:

"Enterprise That Never Was", NX-1701-A

Enterprise-B, NCC-1701-B

USS Churchill, NCC-2173

I am also interested in the Indomitable class battleships, but I'm pretty sure they've never been modeled. If you have happened across a model of something similar looking please let me know.

I want meshes so I can use Gaeasson's method of building a ship's framework from an imported model. For this to work, I need something binvox can read; preferably .obj

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Someone give me some love! I'll even take a regular Excelsior class if you've got one!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Update:

Found an excelsior mesh!!! Here's my progress thus far:

Don't expect her any time soon, this is a big ship and all those compound curves are going to take a long time to wedge properly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Looks ace, but i'd like to ask, and it may be that a just havnt read this quite right, but is there a reason why your using smedit to make a wireframe when you could just use it for the entire hull?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cybertooth-

The reason I'm doing it this way is that smedit conversions never come through just right. For example, when I brought this through lots of details were lopsided or nonexistent, and many of the compound curves on the saucer were eroded and messed up. Just using it as a basis for a wireframe allowed me to get a much prettier final product.

Also, I feel like it there's a bit more prestige in doing it this way. Sure, it isn't truly freehand, but just using the smedit model would have felt too easy.

JimmyJamba-

Holy crap thanks dude! Looks like I can use the saucer I already have for it too.