Evaporator I (my first decent ship)

• Thread starter Deleted member 648594
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 648594

Hello all!

I just picked up this game 2 weeks ago after a friend pointed it out to me, and I've been playing around with it since. After making a few small to smallish test ships to get the hang of things I started on my first serious attempt of making a decent ship. I'm playing on a friend's server, and in need of building blocks I decided on making an armed salvager, to be a workhorse to collect all the blocks for later projects.

Since wer'e in space I decided on not making a sleek and lean aerodynamic display of splendor, but make something more about function, with a just a thin layer of styling. 5 days later I ended up with this:

Let me explain a few features; The big box looking like a speaker is housing the salvage beam array.

Since I'm an absolutely lousy shot I made a cross shaped cannon set up, so shooting with RMB I at least have some sort of spread and an increased chance of hitting something. And when I hit something it does do some damage with a poweruseage of 95% of my reload capacity. (I should mention I haven't done any pvp yet, all of this is just for me vs pirates)

The protruding tube at the bottom is housing the guided missile tubes, which btw fold artistically through my ship and end up in that big antenna near it to give the setup proper dimensions for increased travel distance and reload time.

Next noticable is the cannon turret platform, holding 8 gun turrets (4x 4 barrel, 2 x 7 barrel and 2 x 12 barrel). The gun turrets are self sustaining when it comes to energy and shields. Complemented by the ship shields it has so far turned out to be more then enough to withstand pirate attacks, or to take on an armed pirate base with an additional 8-12 pirates flying round it.

But this is the bussiness end of the ship of course, after all I made this ship with salvaging in mind. This shoebox has an array of 7 x 28 salvage beams, and with each beam capable of salvaging 7 blocks a second in theory, I should have a maximum salvaging capacity of 1372 blocks per second, if the goddes of lag allows me.

Having to travel further and further for salvage targets, I decided on a decent propulsion system. Eventhough my abstract beast turns as slow as a tiger turret, it has very good speed and acceleration once it's pointing the right way. It does take up quite some power though, so during full acceleration there isn't full power left for the non-AI weapon systems.

I'm still testing the 'Evaporator 1' thoroughly, but so far I'm happy with the outcome. Even under heavy pirate attack shields have never fallen below 60%, the turrets usually perform so well that I hardly ever have to manually fire ( I use manual fire mostly on pirate turrets), it gets me where I want to go, and the salvage beam is large enough to eat through planets, yet still managable.

I'll leave you with this action screenshot my buddy made of me while doing what I designed the ship for.

I'm curious what you think of my creation, so all comments and constructive criticism are welcome!

Reaction score
    Not many people do assymetrical ships. Its good to see a uniques ship.