Entity Wide Master Storage Interface - Aka: Build Mode Lite

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, I've been working on my station lately and something that is becoming an ever growing annoyance to me:

I like to sort out my blocks in storage into different containers so that all of the armor is in say box 1, the weapons are in box 2, the decorative items are in box 3, etc.

However, the problem while building the station is that I'm constantly switching back and forth between types of items. Be building with armor, then have to switch over to the box with the crystals in it, the box with the lights in it, the box with the misc decoration in it, etc.

Most of the time I want my stuff in nice segmented compartments, but sometimes when I'm building I really wish I could have everything in one big sorted box like I do in Creative Mode so that I can stop going back and forth to change my personal cargo box.

So, why not have that as a thing?

A kind of limited creative mode where we have the same interface (everything in one box, always sorted the same), only with it just showing us the blocks we have in storage on the entity we're currently in build mode for?

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    One addition: Make it so that a master chest, with other chests slaved to it, can see into the other chests. You can then use this chest to access the others...without the need to set items to be pulled, which is a gigantic pain sometimes.

Or a chest, somewhere on the station, that can be given the option to be a "master chest" capable of seeing everything else on the station, and manipulating it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like if you can make a fixed sorting which applies to every storage you use, but only as (linking existing items and shadowing others to show they are non-existent locally).

But in the "creative mode inventory" right now, I have trouble finding the display block which looks no different than hull.
    A little bit has to change here.

I'd also like if one inventory row is one group of 5 items linking the original from a storage if they exist.
    By manipulating a temporary preset we made for that purpose, we could only select those blocks we need for the current build without the others.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Okay, I've been working on my station lately and something that is becoming an ever growing annoyance to me:

I like to sort out my blocks in storage into different containers so that all of the armor is in say box 1, the weapons are in box 2, the decorative items are in box 3, etc.

However, the problem while building the station is that I'm constantly switching back and forth between types of items. Be building with armor, then have to switch over to the box with the crystals in it, the box with the lights in it, the box with the misc decoration in it, etc.

Most of the time I want my stuff in nice segmented compartments, but sometimes when I'm building I really wish I could have everything in one big sorted box like I do in Creative Mode so that I can stop going back and forth to change my personal cargo box.

So, why not have that as a thing?

A kind of limited creative mode where we have the same interface (everything in one box, always sorted the same), only with it just showing us the blocks we have in storage on the entity we're currently in build mode for?
    You could setup what amounts to a global storage that everything is dumped to. Then setup individual boxes so you can turn them on and access a specific item you want which it would pull from the global system and you could also that way set up storage around the base that could pull anything you want also from global. In short you would be mimicking the current split storage system with pull boxes that you turn off and on prior to opening. When off it no longer pulls. When on it only pulls an amount you want for a pulse if you want more you pulse it again. Pulse being the time length of pull cycle.

Also you can have the primary storage area pull everything back to it when not in use. It means adding a switch next to your current storage boxes giving most their storage space over to the master or global storage and a little more circuitry to have it pull back.