Entity Blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi there, im rather new but i have had time to look at the game and play it for a bit, after some thought i had a idea.

Entity Blocks

In short - Blocks designed to let you make custom entities in space like rocks and stations, with similar functions to a space ship core, can be accessed with a build block and be imported (if safe to do so) into other places by its own blueprints.

(planets might be too difficult due to enourmous size, but it may be feasable, possibly could have custom atmospheres, woot.)

How would we manage to obtain such amazing things? - I have 3 theorized ways

1. Trading aliens for valuable objects/technology (Obviously there are no aliens yet - or is there?)

2. Salvaging these cores from the desolate remains of entirely scrapped planets (with the core being the last piece to be removed)

3. Admin commands (Most probable)

Sounds interesting, what are the possibilities? - Let me list out a few examples

- Hybrid ship designs (Rock Station Battleship is go!)

- Custom nameable entities (Kinda obvious)

- Opportunities for art (which can be saved and stored on the website alongside ship designs!)

- Populating the universe (big vast spaces of nothing mainly) with interesting things imported by others

- High usefulness for factions (custom faction HQ) and individuals

Hmm sounds too good to be true, are there any problems? - Probably, here's some i can point out, ill add to the list if anybody is observant enough to spot some more.

- Designs that are innapropriate/spammed/used for griefing

- Requires often a large amount of space = lots of boring and slow out of ship flying to the destination

- Could make things a bit cheaty

- Breaking the game on unstable servers with enourmous builds

- Ships getting stuck in newly spawning

Well, thats all i can think of for now, I wouldnt be suprised if this was ever discussed before but I suppose then, great minds must think alike. I hope you take some inspiration from this for making your own much more progressive suggestions.