Email changing does not appear to work

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Changed my email via the Registry (as per instructions) several days ago.

The registry shows my new email as the primary email, however the forums has yet to update and still sends notifications to my old email.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Forums and registry are not actually connected, only used for authentication. Definitely one of the next features to look at.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Same here. I annually change my e-mail address, and successfully changed my e-mail address on the registry, but there is nowhere to update the website contact information. I have turned off e-mail notifications until this is resolved.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I too cannot change my email. However, in my case, the site seems to think my account doesn't have a password. It also says I can send an activation code to my current email address. The problem is, that I no longer have access to that email address, and it doesn't ask to send activation code to another address.

Screenshot attached.

Is there some other way to get my email address updated?

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i have the same problem. is there any way to resolve. i can possibly regain access to the email account but it will be dificault

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Same here. i need to change my email and have no longer access to the old one as the service simply does not exist anymore.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i need to change my email and have no longer access to the old one as the service simply does not exist anymore.
    This is a general reply/warning about E-Mail changes.

This is a major issue in our modern times. Everything is E-Mail linked. You really have a problem if for some reason you have no longer access to the Original E-Mail address. Since all changes need a code of some sort send to the original E-Mail address to make sure you is you. Else anyone can just claim to be you.

Take extreme care before you remove an old E-Mail address there might be more connected to it then you can remember at first glance.

People who get locked out or hacked often end up making lots and lots of phone calls...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    This is a general reply/warning about E-Mail changes.

This is a major issue in our modern times. Everything is E-Mail linked. You really have a problem if for some reason you have no longer access to the Original E-Mail address. Since all changes need a code of some sort send to the original E-Mail address to make sure you is you. Else anyone can just claim to be you.

Take extreme care before you remove an old E-Mail address there might be more connected to it then you can remember at first glance.

People who get locked out or hacked often end up making lots and lots of phone calls...
    Ok but how does that help me change my email here ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been having this problem myself, and just stumbled on the answer.

You have to (while logged in) first, click on the "Registry" (at the top of the page between "Community" and "Downloads")

It will bring you to a new page. In the upper right hand corner of the window, should be your profile name. Click on the profile icon in the upper right and a menu will pop up with "edit profile", "help", and "sign out" on it. Click on "edit profile"

A new page loads where you can change your email address. Enter your email address in the box, and click "Save Profile"
    You will have to confirm your new email address.

Why you can't change the address from the "Contact Details" page I don't know. If you can't change it from that page it should just say "Change it from the Registry tab" or something. Hope it helps!