Ello

Reaction score
    Just thought I'd be one of the many to introduce myself next. Loved minecraft, now this is a lot more like it though :P love space ships and going Pew Pew Pew lol. Name's Cody, got out of the military just last year, served 8 years, little confused on some of the stuff so far, but I think I got the "basic" ship building down. We'll see...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Welcome to Starmade, hope you enjoy playing it.

Here\'s some stuff I wish I knew when I first started that you might already know, but is always good to reiterate:

• Power Cube Borders. Power regeneration works by a \'virtual cube\' from the outlines of said cube. Making the border of this \'cube\' larger, even if there isn\'t actually a cube and it\'s just a line in the X Y and Z axis with an intersect point, is actually more efficient than making a solid block of power regenerators. There are pictures around these forums somewhere of a way to have as many \'virtual cubes\' as possible in a 5x5 space for maximum power efficiency per 5x5 space.
    • Cannons: Generally work best on their own rather than touching others on the sides, so a lot of folk do a checkerboard system where cannons don\'t touch others of the same type except via the corners.
    • Ships under 100 mass tend to turn fast. Over that, they turn slowly.
    • Spin your ship with the Z and X keys when you mine. It helps, but I have no idea why.
    • The Herobrine cultist faction are silleh, and are fun to annoy, at least those who take the whole \'being evil for evils\' thing seriously.