Economy style

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dear players,

have you ever played a game as tribal wars, ikariam or grepolis? Ive put together a plan to add it to starmade. and with the new NPCs comming it will be even easier to implement. the key difrence between those games and my starmade idea is that here you can freely design and build the facilities.

at the start you can choose between getting your own planet or join someone elses. this is becuase there wont be a heck of a lot of planets and you need a crew for your planet facilities and faction schips. joining a planet is comparitable to joining a faction. 2 or more can also merge.

getting resources :

1 the mine,

you can choose between a mine on your planet or on an astroid field. a mine will be npc controlled. the more mine blocks added the more it will yield. this is so the mine wont run dry. wich corresponds to the other games. you can also change the size of the mine, this will also increase production. as to mineral ores, they will appear at the normal rarety. to increase the amout of ore you can add a locator block to the mine.

2 the city.

an area of houses for inhabitants. they will give monney by paying tax. the houses are build by the computer, but you can choose to make them by hand.

3 the factory.

this one doesnt need an explanation as it already exists.

but where are you going to store all your stuff?. in a stockpile made of plexstorage.

in econemy games its also important to have military facilities. you biuld your shipyard by hand. once you have made your first ship you load it into the shipyard.. the more production blocks you have the faster it biulds ships. its also possible to make more shipyards to produse multible ships at once (i.e. one for small frigates the other for cruisers).

dont forget the defences. but this is pretty easy. its building turrets on strategic places on your planet. you can also add defence blocks to increase the turrets shields and HP. the bobby AI will defent for you but we all know players can do it better.

it would be annoying if you couldnt trade, so a tradeport will also be added. you select an area and build a tradehouse. once done you place a trade block. with the trade block you can place offers to other players. someone else can than see you need more hull. he will fly to you and trade. to automate this and expant your trade you can place a shop block. when a shop block is present an NPC can also do the trading for you.

now that you have a lot of buildings you need a source of power to make it work. this will be done with the normal generators already in the game.

to prevent a planet or base from beeing OP, facilities on it can be damaged or destroyed, but the planet itself cant.

this is my idea, I would like to get feedback and/or more ideas from you guys.

Jonathan Enixp

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    to prevent a planet or base from beeing OP, facilities on it can be damaged or destroyed, but the planet itself cant.

Big lol, I would dig a hole.

It is nice for a homeworld, but I don\'t like one playing for a half year (or started first) laughing about all other\'s strength even if counted together..

I don\'t know if it is a good solution, because it encourages smurfing (second, third accounts).

If you can solve the two issues mentioned above, I would agree with the suggestion. Because of more role-play.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    yes it is ment as a faction home, maybe I wasnt clear about that. other bases will be normal ones as in the game now. there is no way to reliable prevent smurfing, those other games struggle with it as well.

the other games prevent someone beeing stronger by another by placing new players far away from them. they also have multiple server maps.

Reaction score
    When a player with high skill starts a low level character and owns noobs. It can also be used to cheat the game

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    We don\'t need to cut manual labor completely from the beginning stages of gameplay.

How about assigning NPCs to do jobs based on a blueprinted design or a scripting interface? You\'d have to hire them first, but they\'d do their jobs and stockpile resources for you just fine.

Infinite anything is a dangerous idea. If you run out of resources on a planet, find a new one or trade with others. If you can get infinite quantities of anything from one source, by default you\'ve made the oldest player the most powerful.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think infinite ressources here are just meant to get you started, not supply your titan factory.

Something like credits for voting.

I would like products to be limited by time you need to collect them.

I like a basic income per player to make 24/7 playing not that op, but it is a source of possible cheats and exploits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    even though they are infifinate, you still need to gether them. you`d still need to increase it if you want a titan factory. yes I agree that its close to OP/exploit.

one sulution might be that its only when strarting.

the server would be 24/7 running, so if you made one it will keep working till storage is full, like the other games I got the idea from.

however, without it minirals to make guns,shields and stuff alike would be few to comeby. NPC stores wont be there. that would mean a small shuttle could be the comparison of a full titan.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Im currently building a demo planet so I can clearly show what I mean with my new buildings.

it may take some time due to higher prioraty real-life issues