Econ, Weapons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have played the game for awhile now and here are some big problems that I have noticed.

Economy

We all know that the prices of things is a bit wacky, however there are also other problems which ruin server econs

Spawned entities. A spacestation has 160,000 blocks on it finding one is always going to be broken no matter what prices you set for blocks. It is fastest and easiest way to get money when you first start the game. A fix for this is to make them more rare or because they are abandoned make them partially blown tore apart already. or make new smaller space stations that wont be as profitable to harvest.

Catalog. While I love this feature I also think it's too easy to abuse. Once you have enough money rather than flying to new shops to find more shields you can just simply build a ship that's all shields. catalog it and then buy it as many times as you want and then harvest it for parts.

?Weapons

As it stands right now the best weapons in the game are antimatter cannons. The reason for this is because its the only way to bring down some ones shields. Because of this I can build a ship with 40k shield regen and the only way you are getting though those shields are with massive cannons so therefore you ship is also huge and slow. This does not allow for much strategy. Also for the same reason harden hulls are pointless because once cannons are hitting that hard there is no difference between normal hulls and hard hulls.

Fixes

1. Make power drain work on anyblock not just power blocks. There is no way anyone is just going to leave exposes powerblocks on big ships. Let smaller ships with power drain use their speed to take down the shields of larger slow ships.
    2. Hard hulls need to do more that just have more defense, maybe make them lighter so that a bigger ship will want to use lighter hulls, or maybe the smaller ship with lower shields will use the hard hulls because they are light .

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Responding to your second fix, I think that hardened hulls are good as they are now, maybe need a little buffed, but they will be very useful once things like auto repair of your ship comes in, so you don\'t have to run around replacing every damaged block if your shields go down in a fight.

Also, I think the way shields etc work would be ok if they brought in a system where you can allocate more or less power to different modules \'Full power to shields!\' , as well as increasing the power usage so that it isn\'t possible to keep full shields on as well as guns and missile launchers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But then you would just add more power to you ship so you could do both again.

Reaction score
    I think the reason why money is so easy to come by right now is because we are in alpha, where most of the kinks get worked out, and having a ton of money helps testers look for bugs. I believe it was said that once StarMade is out of alpha/beta money is going to be a lot harder to come by.