Drydock

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    May be a little crazy of an idea, but for later manufacturing imagine building a drydock large enough for a ship you want mass produced, having a drydock computer you'd feed a blueprint into, a components bin where you'd put the required components for the ship and possibly manufacturing robots that would, over time, build ships based on a blueprint fed into the drydock computer using the components available. Not enough components, production won't stop (or will halt). Pruduction stops when a ship is built, but you can remove the ship and have it continue producing. Drydock must be large enough for the ship, and based on the size of the ship you'd need more and more manufacturing robots available.

Something along the lines of a thought here, could allow manufacturing to really go nuts. Imagine if your manufacturing was creating components, feeding them into the bin and ship building would kick off when it had enough...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Although it would take the fun out if I used such an automated system, I feel that this kind of thing would be useful to people who want to sell ships for credits (or for minerals if no player to player trade system happens for a while) to other players, as it allows mass production of identical designs without crippling any market as it still takes the same components to build. Everyone wins, nobody loses.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well let\'s remember, you need to design the ship first. So if you need a new design, you would need to build the ship, save it, and then if you want to rebuild it, you need to use a drydock. I think this is a lot better than just buying a whole ship from a shop. It should take time to build. Also, this would be very useful for servers with constant faction wars, as each faction could have its own drydock to manufacture their larger ships. Keep the space battle going! Vote for drydocking/auto building!

Another thing, I see no reason not to implement features like this and allow a server admin to simply disable it in the config files if they choose.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also I\'d envision having to supply the materials as well needed to create the ship, all required blocks for example, or it won\'t build at all. So there\'s be work involved in keeping production up as opposed to simply buying them, which some would consider a good thing.