Droids? Roger Roger

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So crew members are (kind of) expensive, and since we all will/want to see more *inside the ship* assaults, I would propose droids, I made a picture in photoshop on how this would be done, you could make 2 types of droids

1. Astromech droid, would roll around on your ship repairing any damaged blocks, dies in 2 shots by blaster, one shot by turret

2. Battledroid, you would have the battleblock, when placed you can type any name of people that are your friends, anyone else will be shot on sight, to active battledroids you need to select one and link them to the battleblock, battledroids, will walk around the ship protecting your ship.

so to make a droid, you need parts (which need to be made in factorys) then when you got the parts you can
    craft them with the ''droid crafting table.'' which when activated will show an interface on how to build a droid
    it will look something like this: VERYBASIC.png

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Droids are cool, lets just make one of the races of NPCs artificial!!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don't think using droids that are similar in design/concept to star wars droids would be allowed...

'cause yaknow, copyright and stuff.

Original droids designs/concepts would be pretty cool

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't think using droids that are similar in design/concept to star wars droids would be allowed...

'cause yaknow, copyright and stuff.

Original droids designs/concepts would be pretty cool
    Huh? thats not what I meant

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Single-block "followers" would be a fun pet type, but I think this is mod material, not for the vanilla game.

I think there could be robotic NPCs (basically a reskin of the NPC daves) that you can hire as NPC crew. Being able to build one? Unless you are planning to make a 14-block-tall behemoth out of existing blocks, building a robot is just not a great fit for this game at the current scale. Not that 14-meter droids wouldn't be awesome....

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    Something that would need for these "Automotons" is some sort of network to make them more efficient. i'm thinking Starnet (Otherwise known as a not so subtle nod to terminator)