Docking units too big

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    With the resent update all my docking units almost doubled in size even if they dont have any enhancers on them. This is a real problem because my in door docking units no longer fit and I really dont want to have to totally rebuild my ship larger. The green docking boxes should just be removed in my opinion and if your trying to dock a ship it reads your ships dementions then figures out if your ship has enough room to dock without coliding with the ship your docking to. Idk if this is an actual bug or if its poorly thought out but i hope its fixed/improved. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    i agree this new \"update\" screwed over my new carrier class , so now its only going to take another 6 days to rebuild it.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    yeah, I am not re-building my assault carrier. took me 3 1/2 weeks with full interior, launch bays, turrets...I will hold the blueprint but I am not going through that again....just to make everything \"work\"

Reaction score
    first they were too big. now schema has dun goofed as they are too small. shure the box says it is 7x7x7 but its all over the place. sometimes im getting it to work. and other times it wont even dock A CORE. I hope schema can do some more work on it but i am a little afraid of new updates now because whenever he makes them he fixes some things and breaks others.

Reaction score
    if progamming games was easy we would all play our selfmade games, and this is alpha, means lots and lots and lots of bugfixing and making the game running more stable.

I testet every possibility of docking in the latest prebuild and on the update from today and everything seemed fine. Can you tell which version you are running? When are you able to dock and when not? Try making a new ship and add only a dockign port and see if you can dock properly there.

Reaction score
    backups are made in your starmadefolder and you can also access previous builds here

and eveyone should be prepared to have to remake ships it is alpha don\'t you all know what alpha means??? it means the whole game could change at some point things will brak and be fixed and changed and added and removed and or any of those things... that is why I do not understand why ppl get so upset with the game what do you expect with an alpha game????

Reaction score
    As a alpha I agree we should all be prepaired to scrap our designs and redo them because of changes that happen. As it is now I am having to scrap all of my designs and those downloaded as well. No big deal it just means new ideas to work out and ships to build. Do I like it.. hm no more than getting a tooth pulled but its got to be done and nothing is going to change that. Be bussy starting over with a new line of designs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    well, schema\'s new update has made it so all my carriers have to be remade.

400 hours of work.... :\'(

Reaction score
    practicing on smaller ships nothing too extravant just trying to find my nich as a builder lol but remeber one can always revert back to a build that you liked in the mean time instead of rebuilding I have lernt to check out a new build in a new folder until I know i like the changes or that something didnt break so many options open to use a build you like that is why I dont understand ppl getting so upset and mad at schema he has made it so easy for ppl to use a build they want while he has ppl test buuilds and work out kinks so please everyone chill and dont drive schema to an early grave with all the negativity I have posted in alot of posts where to get the previous builds it is very easy anyone can do it if you can play the game.... I personally love this build the best out of the most recent builds starmade-build_20130906_195713 finding the build page is as easy as eating pie if you click on the news page and see the links schema posts for the builds.... they look like this http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130913_155030.zip

all you have to do is highlight the first part of the link and copy and paste it in the browser like this http://files.star-made.org/build/

and presto pick the build that worked best for you

Reaction score
    Okay first off this game is an ALPHA! which means any attachment to your creations is stupid till beta or full release. Alpha releases are natually evolving, there is no set structure, YET. Beta is for cleaning up the rough edges, Alpha is for experimenting.

Solution:

Now to fix everyones complaints. Its probally best Schema extend the advanced build function to go bigger than ten. A way to delete entire parts of the structure would be handy. Even a ring/circle tools with hollow would help.