Docking guidance idea

Reaction score
    So here it goes i have an idea for a guidance system for docking and to best show of my idea i have made a quik drawing to sow off my idea.

the idea is that you get a new type of blocks that you can place down in build mode and can only interact and see them in build mode you connect them with the docking module and they wil form a line from each other if you conect them to a plex dor they wil open and close it as neded the idea is that the ship will follow the guided line and land itself

heres the picture http://imgur.com/ANvxDZw

any fedback would be nice :)

Reaction score
    A cool idea indeed and a better immersive addition then the current teleportation of ships to the docking block.

I would say the current docking feature needs far more improvement before something like this should be considered (Docking facing rotation for one... uug...) but I do hope to see something of this nature in the future for sure.

Reaction score
    the curent docking works great with smal ships but it is terible with larger ones

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with just aobut everything here. And honestly, the idea is really good, especially with small ships trying to dock inside of a larger ships confined hanger. It would be very helpful for various things, as well as emmersion. You wouldn\'t just APPEAR at the docking modual. I highly support this. As well as being able to change the rotation of a docking module.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a stupid idea you can open plex doors with the docking beam

Reaction score
    works great with bobby AI ships in that it would make it easier fore them to dock with a custom route to take

and for goldhams answer it wasn\'t about opening plex doors it was about docking guidance and make it look allot cooler