Docking bays overhaul.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Two simple things.
    1: Docked ships should be inactive objects or a part of the main ship until the docking block is destroyed or the ship is removed manually from the dock - keeping, of course, the element that you can destroy that individual ship by destroying the core. Instantly. No overheating.

2: Docking bays should have an inverse docking enhancer so you're able to *shrink* the dimensions as necessary. As it stands, I'd much rather not have to deal with using an entire 7x7x7 space for a single 5x3x3 or so escape pod, and even more usefully, I'd much rather not have to dedicate that much space in my cargo hold to my droppable mines.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The green box is not remotely accurate. With no enhancers, 5 tiles away from the core in every direction is the limit, have anything any further and it will object (meaning 11x11x11 if your core is dead center of the ship).

Demonstration:

P.S. I used power generators because they were convenient for counting and such. There was no intention to make them optimal at generating power that I didn\'t need for the ship. The docking module and platform it is in is the freestanding structure on the right side of the screen with the shield generators.

Reaction score
    My docking proposal

Has a total overhaul of the docking system