Docking and plex doors -sealing the gap

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well I had a problem of connecting a ship to a ship, in this case my cargo vessel and I also wanted a docking seal too boot for a passageway. The problem is there is a 1/2 gap in the docking module to ship and nothing lines up and there has to be a gap between said objects the only object one can use is a plex door to cross the gap and not cause a spaz of code mechanics, a work of art no doubt.

can see the 1/2 block gap

This the cargo ship docked in between the two tube passage ways the cargo vessel can enter or exit from top or bottom as there clearance for both, dependent on turret position. the advantage of the vessel it second function is an emergency escape vessel. The vessel's as there are 4 in total can be positioned in different areas or moved out of the way. Allows for resupply of different units for different missions, outfits that come aboard and I plan on one for cafeteria/ lounge type setting, 2 for personal-troops, pilots, maintenance, and another for medical/botany, food as plant growth is always import function.
    There are many back up redundant systems in play being a military ship yard.

you need to make a larger bigger opening to allow room for a plex door extension after the vessel is docked

and preplan the build in a paste up or mock up as the plex door comes next and you need clearance room as it requires a 1 block space to build it.

View from the other side have to switch in and out of build cubes and trigger the plex doors as well.

this is the plex door tube hallway connector from the outside

shaping the fit of the plex door tube, you can not build next to the tube or on the tube of plex doors as its a different entity than the ship your on. There always separate entities.

Another view towards the hallway of the main ship, shorter the plex hallway tube easier to light up, lights will stay in place when used in plex doors they do not retract with the doors.

I used lighting as my gap sealer being on a black surface to a black surface, the plex door is still there but retracted or invisible

This is from the outside and I could stop here as it joins the two sides if that's all I wanted to do.

Here you can see I have a double seal and a 1/2 step and the area is also well lite

I also have another door seal as when in flight this now the door, and acts as the emergency door if the plex extension hallways receives damage.

The final picture from the main ship hallway looking into the plex door hallway extension, glass allows one to view the situation before entering, allows light to flow, natural space light helps with using glass for dark surfaces or areas when near a star.
    Retract the extension plex door hallways and close your inner doors and your ready for undocking and flight.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    here i've posted my idea to make docked ships and turrets look and feel better. Mostly it's about not having this space between docked entities :)

Reactions: Ithirahad

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes I recall the subject you posted and thank you for re-linking I too would to see more constructive ideal on the subject of docking to help out iron out the ideals into attainable values of the required math of sequences needed for the designer of code, no different than a ship designer trying to express there art of design into functionality, I too feel at home when I'm docked and can move around in comfort around my ship and get into the role of using the ship as a function, and as a design of an expressed realism of said physics being applied and have fun with the aspects of working out the problems encountered in forming a relationship between both.

Reactions: JimmyJamba