Docked Ship unwanted effects

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so i have been playing Starmade for a while and am loving it! i've been building a large battleship to own my friends although when i was making hangars i found a unsettling thing about the docking system.

Im not sure if this is a bug, something that is already planned to be changed, or is intentional but the weapon systems on my ship can hit and damage ships docked to it unlike blocks on the ship. on my ship the hangars are twards the middle in a "secure" location and my weapon systems are on the side. if i shoot at a certain angle the guns will hit damage and even destroy ships that are docked to mine even though they are the same faction. i realize this game is in alpha and has a long way to go but this is something that bugs me and greatly messes with my ship design. thats all

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    try adding a faction block to the docked ships and set it to your faction, that should help

Reaction score
    \"even though they are the same faction\"

what you do is run a amc way infront of the hangar, so the front one is the output. problem solved

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Currently you can friendly fire so basically your just shooting your docked ships. As Zovc kinda suggested i would re rout your guns so the out put isnt right behind your hangers.