Docked Ship controls

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm still fairly new to this, but I was wondering...

Are there any plans in the future to allow you to control docked ship weapons or systems? Say I wanted to make a modular ship, that could trade out it's main cargo bay for a weapons pod, or salvage pod, and still control it from the main ship.

Thoughts?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For weapons, you have turrets.

• You can also dock ships in \"bunkers\" if you leave a fire angle of somewhere between 45/360 and 90/360 and they are facing away from your ship.
    • A bunker is - for example - a 9x9x10 hole with overlapping force-fields, walk-through-plants or plex-doors to protect it with the main ship\'s shields.

You can dock power reactors and use drain beams.

• Turrets use (at least for weapons) the power of your main ship, so you can let your weapons fire at selected target and use all power from your 1-mille reactors constantly - not only to recharge between salvos.

this does not even interrupt ship movement.

But there is currently no way for an additional shield modul, except for docked flat (thick) hull plates.

• The best possibility to make that visually acceptable is, to make a curved hull or use sunken docks (or something between both)

Downsides of docket flat big/thick shield plates:

1. If your ship is big enough to take profit from additional docked shields (more capacity/regen with less blocks), you have to build so many docked hull blocks that you have no weight or cost advantage if you want your whole ship covered.
    2. You can only protect 1/6 side with each shield plate and get almost no advantage.

An exception (haven\'t tried out):

• You build shield plates which are also 1-mille reactors and use combined reactor/amc/shield blocks to distribute shield power over the +/- xy/xz/yz areas.

But then you get an ugly ship :)