In Developement Docked entity sharing cargo inventory

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So, we can name a few storage boxes as inventories and then access them when in build mode. Great!

However... editing ships or turrets one cannot access the main inventories.

Suggestion: the docked entities sharing the inventories with the mother ship/station.

So I have a ship docked to my base I'm working on. Why can't I access the bases' inventories through the structure/cargo menu? Every time I need an extra block of this or that I need to exit the core, teleport to the base, enter build mode, access the inventory, exit build mode, teleport back to ship, enter core again.

Or... Is there an easier way to go around it than the suggestion?

Also (or alternatively): Is there a way to edit a ship in creative mode when the ship is docked to the shipyard? Because I find easy enough to build a ship there, but once I have the ship and just want to edit/change it there seems to be no other way than dismantling the whole thing to a design, changing the design, and then assembling the whole ship again...

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    While the inventory will not be shared, it will be possible to move cargo from and to docked entities. A "personal storage" of yours, which is in the same sector as you are, will be accessible to you from anywhere in the sector.