Do Some Systems Flat Out Not Have Certain Resources?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, so I have my station built in a system with lots of asteroid rings, including one at the very outermost edge of the system. I've gone all the way around this ring (which gets so close to the system edge its easy to overstep into the next system while exploring it), no blue asteroids.

I've eaten one entire planet in that system and done exploration on a second. No Rammet on either planet.

I've explored the undiscovered bases at the edges of the sector since they occasionally have asteroids next to them, nothing.

As far as I can tell, Rammet flat does not exist in my home system.

Reaction score
    it is the same in my system

i also have very very few hyalet and sertise, and just a few parcsun and sapsun

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Rammet spawns along with sertise in blue asteroids, which are very rare. Or rather, their required orbit radius is too high for them to spawn in normal systems. Basically, they can only spawn in system corners. With that in mind you want to be looking for systems containing belts with very excentric orbits that pass in the corners.

I found a system with 20 blue asteroids in close proximity once, so it's possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's totally possible to not have certain resources. Every planet plate is seeded, which is random, and blue asteroids are difficult to find unless you get a lucky system spawn.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Like investigating a haunting and not finding a thing other than a waste of time. XD Sometimes you find totally nothing and other times you find a motherload with a huge monster nearby. :P

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I only find Larry (Larimer/Rammet/Sertise rocks) in corner belts - as someone noted above. But I still don't find them in every system.

I don't know if it's a hard-fast rule, but I surveyed a few dozen systems with corner roids and noticed that all the systems where I did find Larry had blue stars. Maybe just coincidence, but it would also kind of make sense as well.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I gave up on asteroids for raw materials a little while back and digested the two planets in my home system; no rammet, sertise, parseen or sapsun. I claimed a nearby system with a half a dozen planets and ate them. I got a tiny bit of the four. Ultimately I stripped six systems of all their planets, blowing them up and eating all the planet segments, before I got a reasonable amount of all four. It was actually parseen and sapsun that were the hardest.

That said, even after eating all the planets of a half dozen systems, I was still only able to acquire the quantity of shields I needed by selling off much of the raw material (and components made solely for sale) and using the cash to 'buy' the quantities I needed from the shops. I stripped the shops of several systems of both their cash and their shields (and jump modules, cannons, etc.).

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Asteroids don't respawn anymore last I checked, so you're wasting your time with trying to find Larimar asteroids. But yes, some systems simply don't have any of a given resource.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Oh shit, they canned roid respawn? Are you sure? What the hell were they thinking?

Christ, how lame. They might as well just get rid of salvagers and all the factories & crafting completely at this point.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is a server setting for allowing them to respawn now as a stop-gap until a better system is put in place.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh shit, they canned roid respawn? Are you sure? What the hell were they thinking?

Christ, how lame. They might as well just get rid of salvagers and all the factories & crafting completely at this point.
    They canned the original respawn capability because there was an item duplication exploit associated with it. There's a new respawn system now, though, which requires the sector to be completely empty before respawning 'roids.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, since the old exploit is long gone, its safe to talk about it openly now.

Before, it would respawn the asteroid in the condition it was in the last time the server saved. For most people, that just meant "Eat everything in the sector between saves so you don't respawn half-eaten asteroids". To others it meant "Pile 100k shield capacitors on the asteroid, let it save, then eat it so that it will respawn with all those capacitors on it again."

Yes, the asteroids would respawn with blocks you added to it. You can see how that became less "Oh, the players have renewable resources" and more "Players now have unlimited everything".

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    glad they fixed exploit then, and glad roids can respawn now without such problems :)