Do docked vehicles reduce speed?

Reaction score
    I recently decided that instead of building large fighters which were awkward to dock in my carrier and other ships, I'd build smaller ones with their own docking modules to attach additional shield/power and armour modules if needed. After attaching 3 modules which are very heavy, I still can't tell if there is an effect on speed, as the ship seemed slower with the modules attached (might just be my imagination), but no faster when I detached them all. Does docked weight affect speed?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The speed will be the exact same, being the max speed of the server.

The acceleration however, will be slower. Try docking two massive pieces to a tiny ship, you'll notice the difference. I tested it with turrets, and it works. I don't know if it's still bugged with fixed docking points though. You also have to keep in mind the thrust of your ship and the mass you're adding onto it.

Reaction score
    Ok thanks guys, yeah acceleration was what I meant really, my bad. Adding thrusters to these modules I attach, will that provide thrust to the parent ship or not?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The thrusters on docked vessels do not add to your carrier's thrust; they will only fire when the ship they're attached to undocks and wants to move. The same goes for power and shields; they won't transfer from docked to main.