Directional Gravity Units

Reaction score
    While working on one of my current starship projects, I found that gravity unit blocks could be rotated. However, this has absolutely no effect whatsoever on the module, much to my disappointment.

Why not make it so that if a starship's gravity unit is oriented differently than normal, the field it generates is appropriately rotated? I don't know what tech limitations might stand in the way of implementing this, but it would be a very neat and potentially useful feature if possible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that is not the only improvement Gravity Units should have.
    I also suggest 3 types.
    1. Gravity Units like before and they can also used to switch gravity on and off. These are the units which defines the direction of the field. However they can not work without the next ones.
    2. Border units. you need at least 2 of them which defines the corners of the field (like upper left and lower right corner). the blocks have to be linked to a Gravity Unit. If Gravity is turned on everything within is affected that applies to any player and even Ships. (like Planets) .
    3. Switch unit. has to be linked to a Gravity Unit to be functional. Turns that Gravity Unit on / off.