Different Avatars?

Reaction score
    I think it'd be pretty sweet to have avatars other than "spaceman" even if the spaceman look improves significantly.

After all, humans can't be the only living things in the cosmos.

I was thinking of Space-mermaids living on watery worlds and thought that would make for a cool avatar. Especially since the "helmet" would most likely cover the bottom part of the body instead of the head. (it's where the gills are, right?)

If not a mermaid, then some sort of alien tentacle monster would be fine (NOT THAT I'M BIASED OR ANYTHING).

I'm pretty sure you'd get a lot of awesome press if there were a sort of facehugger-looking alien race to choose from, or xenomorph.

Also the internet would go nuts if there was some form of cat. Not necessarily cat-person, just a cat. Maybe a pop tart cat or a cat on a keyboard flying through space.

Anyways I'm sure I'm not the only sentient thing made out of atoms that can come up with ideas like this. feel free to chime in.

Reaction score
    The new player model is almost done. I have redesigned and extended the system for 3d model handling completely to allow for complex animations and an easy interface. This means the new model system is completely moddable including custom animations,

So yes, people can make tentacle monster models (um...hentai?) with custom animations.

Reaction score
    Will all players appear the same way or will it be individually based?

Sorry for not reading, I must have missed that. can you link the article?

nevermind, found it. Dumb of me to miss the front page.

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/starmade-dev-news-0

I think they will all look the same but as time goes on people will make skins.

EDIT: This person has already begun making concepts of new models.

http://star-made.org/content/starmade-player-model