Dial a Yield Weapons

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I would like to see the ability to configure our weapons stats like we used to be able to, before the weapons update.
    I think it would add or I should say bring back more customization to the weapons.
    For example I build a sniper ship, but its gun is more powerful than what I need so I transfer points from damage to range.
    It could also be configured so that effects can enhance the transfer of points. So say you have beams equipped as an effect, if you transfer points into range you will get double the range for those points.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I believe the entire point of the combo system was to replace editable variables with physical structures. I don't see the developers making a U-turn on this anytime soon.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I would like to see this make a come back in a slightly more limited form. It would be more of a slight tweak to a weapon than a large change and would help make ships more personal. It would also help prevent ships having identical weapons on different scales.

Reactions: JimmyJamba

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Lupocani is right. What happens when a player uses less blocks, but gets the same amount of additional range as a cannon/beam combo. Limited as your suggestion may be, there will be players that attempt to utilize those mechanics in order to rival the current slave system while using less blocks. The slave system was installed so that players were forced to stick with the choices they made and to nerf special weapon types.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    This is why I believe that such a system should function only to tweak weapons without having enough effect to entirely re purpose a weapon.
    Alternatively we could have a diminishing returns system where a 10% increase in range results in a 20% decrease in damage or vice-versa.