Detachment

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

It would be really good if when you have one part of a ship that has not physical connections (whether direct or through other blocks) to the core of that ship to be able to just float of and for parts which are not connected through blocks to be independent from each other. Same goes for asteroids, when you slice them up and crash into them they still act as one even though the two halves are not connected to each other in any physical way.

And then you have planets, it is very unrealistic to have 'floating' islands in the sky which act as if they are connected to the main planetary body. These parts which have no physical connection to the planet's main body should just fall back down like any other objects that did not originate from that planet. And if a ship with enough power hits them up into the air then they should be able to float away from the planet and act as a natural satellite (depending on how far out it is thrown - if it was thrown too far away then it would become an 'Asteroid').

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ships already act that way, except if you have collision damage turned on... As for the rest: no. Sorry if I'm being too harsh, but I just strongly disagree for a multitude of reasons which I don't have the patience to enumerate (implementation and irealism being cooler, among others).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Break is/was a setting in one of the config files. Default not used cause of horrific effects.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Panda, we have said this before, we will say it again. For the love of schema, research things you suggest, because it HAS been suggested before. This is like the 10th time I've seen you do this. You did not take my advise from last time and I now see two more suggestions from you that could have been put into one post. There is an option to turn on break-off in the config for the game. Or at least used to be there, idk. Go check it out.

Aside from that. Planets are the way they are suppose to be. It is a solution that came after a year or so of work/feedback. If you have a better way then by all means please code it, hand it over to the devs and show them. Else wise, and this goes for everyone, drop the planet suggestions. They will not be changing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    @Panda: I'm just guessing here, but the floating islands are probably not intentional. Most of the games that I've seen with random terrain generation have them as a result of tunneling algorithms (trying to randomly generate a landscape that makes any kind of sense is very complicated). If that's the case here then it may be a lot of work to rewrite that code and it might not be viable when you consider the time involved. I noticed it, but I just shrugged it off. Hey you never know Earth might be one of the only planets in the galaxy that does not have a bunch floating islands on it. Don't get me wrong I think it's odd to see them too, but it's not that bad in this game so I can live with it.

@Vanhelzing: Who is WE? Do your thoughts and opinions officially reflect that of the StarMade development team?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    @Vanhelzing: Who is WE? Do your thoughts and opinions officially reflect that of the StarMade development team?
    'We' being everyone who's told Panda to spend more than 2 seconds researching before making a thread. So, Van, myself, and plenty of others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So you're just a group of players then. You do not speak for the dev team or Schine. Is that correct?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    So you're just a group of players then. You do not speak for the dev team or Schine. Is that correct?
    We never said we did.. Where are you getting this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'm not making statements I'm only asking questions. However if there are any people out there who ARE affiliated with the dev team reading this I'm going to ask you to chime in here because I need to know - and I'm guessing by the amount of planet-related suggestions that get posted in here others may want to know this as well...Are you done making improvements to the planets in StarMade? Are we not allowed to or perhaps are wasting our time by making suggestions in this suggestion forum? I'm not stating anything here I'm asking because this is an important statement that has been made and I need to know if it's true.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    While I am not on the dev team, calbiri has told me that the current solution is the best solution. I assume it would after it was implemented after a long time with the entire community trying to through in their ideas. We would have had the other solutions in the game already if they worked. Schema works fast. No, planet suggestions should not stop, unless they change the entire way they are structured. For the most part though, we were directing our comments at panda, who continually posts suggestions that are not new and sometimes obvious.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Thank you for your prompt response Vanhelzing. However, those last questions were intended for someone else.