destroy planet core with salvage

Reaction score
    Destroy a planet core with a salvage beam to remove the core w/o exploding the planet.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I see no reason for doing this, except when all attached segments are completely gone already.
    If I am wrong on this, please care to enlighten me.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A hidden base? :)

I would like a removed target-marker when building inside a hollow core :)

Reaction score
    However, it should take a lot of time, like the whole process would be like (5 minutes / block_lenght) * radius_of_the_core (in block_lenght)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am going to disagree with the OP. I think planet cores should not be salvages. If only because I believe that, unless obliterated by weapon systems, planets should slowly regenerate from the core outward so that you can return to it later.

Remember in the heady days of Star Wars (A New Hope) when destroying a planet was considered a war crime? :p It's nearly a casual event in this game. (Not that destroying a StarMade planet is -that- easy.) Reminds me of Lexx.

Idea for a new NPC faction: Planetary Prosecutors. Rarely seen, but when you blow up any planet, they show up with a group of HUGE cruisers. It probably still won't be enough to defeat a planet cracker.