Default station updates

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The default Trade Guild, abandoned, and pirate stations need an update to comply with the Rail, and HP updates. My personal opinion is to allow the creators of the current default stations to update them to comply with the new systems, and the updated ones, along with community creations, be entered in a new selection of default stations, as a community poll. Please feel free to offer suggestions and/or improvements.

Reactions: Master1398
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    you may be a little out of the loop but this is already in planing. the council was said to be setting up new default stations contest to allow the old stations to be rotated out, and new ones put into place of them. The old stations were done by many which neither play regularly or have no desire to update them. so as a request to them has been asked of those that have, it is unfortunate that the majority will not be doing so. but as to when and how this is going to happen is as of yet unannounced.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    RoyalWolfe I was already aware it will happen, however I was looking for ideas on how-maybe the current stations do not have to be phased out, and also I would enjoy seeing an updated 'alpha station'. You seem better informed on the actions of the original builders, so thank you for that info

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i agree with your feelings, but im only telling you the official reasons its being done, which is that the stations authors wish to let them be phased out.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ok then, you did not state that clearly in your original post on this thread. If the old stations are to be replaced by all new ones, do we have any idea on a timeline? I'd like a month or so to prepare mine, and it should probably happen after the next council election, seeing how close it is.
    i agree with your feelings, but im only telling you the official reasons its being done, which is that the stations authors wish to let them be phased out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    well the official answer is,

Soon! TM

but to be clear as you already indicated it has been confirmed that it will be some time after the next council election. but another official source says that it may be even later than that. so likely if your working on something, you have plenty of time to get on it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes my station has been needing to be updated for a long time now but devs have so far refused to put my updated version in the game. I would love an opportunity to do so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    which one is yours?

also the official information I was given by Bench was that the majority of the station authors was given the vote whether they would get to update. the majority of them that did reply, many didn't, all said either they were not interested, didn't have the time, and the rest simply refused to answer at all. they assumed the ones that didn't answer don't care, or play anymore, based upon their lack of account activity.

this prompted the council to make a vote on whether to allow new stations to be brought in from the community. they decided that since they couldn't get all of the authors to respond or agree to updating then the best coarse of action was a new set to be brought in. seemed fair to me. and that is why they are doing it the way they are.

there was another option added that the old stations would be filed away so that willing authors could update, so I'd see about that option if I were you.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    which one is yours?

also the official information I was given by Bench was that the majority of the station authors was given the vote whether they would get to update. the majority of them that did reply, many didn't, all said either they were not interested, didn't have the time, and the rest simply refused to answer at all. they assumed the ones that didn't answer don't care, or play anymore, based upon their lack of account activity.

this prompted the council to make a vote on whether to allow new stations to be brought in from the community. they decided that since they couldn't get all of the authors to respond or agree to updating then the best coarse of action was a new set to be brought in. seemed fair to me. and that is why they are doing it the way they are.

there was another option added that the old stations would be filed away so that willing authors could update, so I'd see about that option if I were you.
    This one:

http://starmadedock.net/content/night-bane-pirate-station.998/

It would be annoying to have to re-enter it, though it got second place last time so hopefully it would win again.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I'm working on my first station. Been trying to come up with a design that doesn't lag like the current pirate stations do. In any event if someone does go and update the stations be sure to add a few that don't drop the FPS too badly of those of us playing on toasters but are still effective pirate stations nonetheless. :)