Dedicated Flight Seats

Reaction score
    Ok i been wanting this for a really long time. I'm sure most of you have as well. I think starmade has been missing a dedicated flight cockpit seat for a while now. Not sure if this has been suggested or not but there is a few reasons i think we need one that i hope will fix some game play issues.

1. Probably the most important reason is so you don't get ejected from your ship when exiting the seat as you do existing the core.(Mostly because of how the ship is oriented and not enough block space room for your character to spawn right next to the core.)
    2. Gives better perspective when flying your ship.(Aka First person flying)
    3. Makes for real good RP. (You feel so much better hopping in a cockpit looking at the beautiful designs around you and then jump right into your flight seat ready to rock and roll)
    4. Make it so it does not break previous gravity setting on that character.(Via if you was gravity bound to the ship you stay that way when exiting the seat and viesa versa.
    5. You don't have to change anything with ship cores as if to mess up old builds that has no interior. Just add a block that only functions as a control when occupied by a player and add faction control for it too.

I really think this would improve game play and immersion with players and i really think its a neat idea. You could also add passenger seats so other players don't need to hope in weapon computers or build blocks when traveling together in one ship. I really hope you guys like this idea not sure if it has been tossed around yet but i really think this would help and improve game play by a lot and it would inspire more people to design more interiors for their ships.

Let me know what you guys think and feel free to add comments or other ideas that may improve this concept i really hope the devs get to see this and make it happen. Thanks a lot for reading have a nice day all.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They have this on the plans, but it's been on the back burner for too long, and will remain there until the NPC crew update last I heard.

Reaction score
    for your first point, you can sit on a wedge or something and then enter the core, and when you exit you'll still be where you were sitting at

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    for your first point, you can sit on a wedge or something and then enter the core, and when you exit you'll still be where you were sitting at
    THe something can even be the core itself, the floor next to it, etc...

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, on some of my ships I like to make the core into the seat of the captain's chair. Sit on it, then jump in.